[spam][crazy][log] gdb, thread local, libgit, instruction pointet

Undiscussed Past Horrific Abuse, One Victim Of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 21:08:44 PDT 2022

I'm debugging a slowdown in my data generator for the adapters for semibalanced trees stuff.

I have a lightweight c++ iterator to loop through repository references and to find which branch a random commit came from.

The hang is happening inside the function that uses this iterator.

I have a breakpoint set when a match is found. It extracts the name of the branch and stores it in a static thread local variable, a quick way to reuse heap allocation for dynamic strings.

gdb is presently looping on this breakpoint, despite it being followed by a return statement.