NIST laundered a shitcoiners standard supplied by the NSA

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Sat Aug 6 12:11:06 PDT 2022

" . . . a bad standard was identified early and kept out of products. NIST may not have caught the problem . . . "

https://www.theverge.com/2013/9/11/4718694/how-far-did-the-nsa-go-to-weaken-cryptography-standards

NIST was criminally negligent, or just corruptly criminal, or both, in cahoots with the NSA
Just ask list member Peter Trei

>>>  Now, a Reuters exclusive report is showing the other side of the story. The report details a secret deal between the NSA and respected encryption company RSA, in which the agency paid $10 million for RSA to incorporate the weaker algorithm into an encryption product called BSafe. Because of the earlier work, the algorithm had been approved by NIST, so RSA could claim their encryption used only nationally certified protocols. <<<

https://www.theverge.com/2013/12/20/5231006/nsa-paid-10-million-for-a-back-door-into-rsa-encryption-according-to

Some list members from 2001 - 4 may have taken my advice to DUMP RSA STOCK. The least I could do.