Censorship: Twitter Takeover Totally Panics Political Regime of LeftLibDemSocMediaTechPol

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 21:16:48 PDT 2022

Democrat Left screeches most when exposed
to the winning sunshine of FreeSpeech...

Who's Afraid Of Elon Musk?

https://www.theepochtimes.com/whos-afraid-of-elon-musk_4431407.html

Not long ago, Elon Musk was regarded as a liberal superhero with a
cape because of his support for green energy and electric cars.

But now that he’s the new owner of Twitter with his estimated $40
billion to $50 billion acquisition, the left is as angry as hornets.

Hundreds of employees are threatening to quit and many thousands say
they are dropping their Twitter accounts.

But why exactly?

Here is what Mr. Musk said upon his successful Twitter takeover:

    “Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and
Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future
of humanity are debated. … Twitter has tremendous potential — I look
forward to working with the company and the community of users to
unlock it.”

Does that sound threatening to you?

Who could object to more openness and free-wheeling debate on social platforms?

The answer is the slice of America that has been captured by a radical
agenda that refuses to tolerate anyone with contrary ideas or
opinions.

What’s especially disheartening is that some of the most vicious
attacks against Musk’s mission of inclusion for Twitter come from the
American Civil Liberties Union and Amnesty International. They even
criticize him for being a “free speech absolutist.” Once upon a time
in a far-off galaxy, these groups were vigilant guardians of free
speech absolutism.

Now, they are terrified that someone somewhere at sometime might
engage in speech that offends them. Do they not understand that no one
has a Constitutional right not to be offended by what someone else
says or writes. I’m offended by half the things I hear and see on
MSNBC and CNN. But I’d fight to defend their right to say what they
do.

The First Amendment is precisely FIRST in the Bill of Rights to
protect every person’s right to express their opinion—even when it
might be controversial or even wrong. How else are we going to have
honest and thought-provoking debates ever again in America with this
new muzzle policy?

Some on the left worry that Donald Trump will soon be back on Twitter
spouting off three or four times a day. If you don’t want to see that,
delete his tweets from your platform. I have a right to talk; you have
a right to not listen.

I wish Mr. Musk the best of luck with his ambition to create an open
and honest social media platform that advances civilized and informed
conversation/debate.

It’s frightening that the progressives on the left are so afraid of
that. They claim that their goal is to shut down “hate speech.”  Just
two weeks ago an Army veteran who put herself through college with her
own hard work said on LinkedIn that rather than having a taxpayer
bailout of student loan debt, everyone should feel honor-bound to pay
their own student loans—as she did. This was labeled “hate speech” and
was taken down.

Perhaps what is happening here is that the left doesn’t want to engage
in any debate because they know that they can’t win the argument if
the other side is allowed to speak.