1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 19:39:58 PDT 2022

> China

You won't believe what's coming for you and your
low social credit score next if you don't wake up
and fight back right fucking now, lol...

Shanghai Residents "Caged In" With Green Fencing To Prevent Them From
Leaving Their Homes

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/chinese-police-build-cages-around-26805381

In continuing with China's completely rational and totally not suspect
"Covid Zero" policy, reports are now coming in that Chinese
authorities are building "cages" around some homes.

This week, people living in Shanghai woke up to "green fences that had
been installed by authorities overnight to restrict people's
movement," according to a new report by The Mirror.

People with fences around their homes are not permitted to leave their
properties, the report says.

Shanghai has had its 25 million citizens on lockdown for weeks due to
a spike in Covid cases in the country. 39 people in the city died of
Covid on Sunday, April 24, when the lockdowns began in full force.

Photographs of the green fencing being used to keep people in are
making their rounds on social media. Meanwhile, citizens in Shanghai
are already protesting and rebelling against the latest tranche of
Covid lockdowns.

The Mirror writes that people are "shocked" by the latest step of
putting up fencing. Residents had no clue the measures would be taken
until they woke up one day to see it.

One foreign national told The Mirror that green fencing "popped up" a
couple days ago and that the main gain to his complex was "chained up"
three weeks ago.

The foreign national said: "There is a long corridor in our compound,
and within the long corridor they put up another green fence three
days ago. No one told us the reason it was installed."

"No one can get out. I feel helpless. You don't know when the lockdown
is going to end. If your area gets fenced off, what if a fire breaks
out? I don't think anyone in their right mind can seal people's
homes."

One Twitter user, a documentary filmmaker from China, wrote:  “We all
have heard stories of residents and even entire buildings refusing to
go outside for mass testing. Some are fatigued, others fear that being
together brings infection risks."

"“Some think sealed-off entrances like this are to separate these
folks. The hope being that other residents of a community would not be
punished for the lack of co-operation from a few. This might be
wishful thinking," they continued.