Censorship: Twitter Takeover Totally Panics Political Regime of LeftLibDemSocMediaTechPol

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 15:35:51 PDT 2022

How 22 Celebrities Reacted When They Learned That Elon Musk Had Just
Bought Twitter...

http://themostimportantnews.com/archives/how-22-celebrities-reacted-when-they-learned-that-elon-musk-had-just-bought-twitter

"If the freedom of speech is taken away,
then dumb and silent we may be led,
like sheep to the slaughter.  - George Washington"

He did it!

Elon Musk actually bought Twitter, and I am absolutely thrilled.

It is about time that one of these billionaires did something good
with their money.  The major social media platforms are where we all
used to go to debate the issues of our day, but in recent years a wave
of extreme censorship has changed everything.  Now Elon Musk has
liberated Twitter, and that is a victory that we should all celebrate.

Without the ability to speak freely, our system of government simply
cannot work.  So I am very hopeful that Musk will follow through on
the promises that he is now making.  In the statement that was
released announcing the purchase, he made some pretty bold
pronouncements…

    “Free speech is the bedrock of a functioning democracy, and
Twitter is the digital town square where matters vital to the future
of humanity are debated,” said Mr. Musk.

    “I also want to make Twitter better than ever by enhancing the
product with new features, making the algorithms open source to
increase trust, defeating the spam bots, and authenticating all
humans. Twitter has tremendous potential – I look forward to working
with the company and the community of users to unlock it.”

A great place to start would be to remove all shadow bans.

My account has been under a shadow ban for so long that I can’t even
remember what it was like to have a normal account.

Needless to say, countless other Twitter users are also looking
forward to brighter days ahead.  Meanwhile, hordes of pro-censorship
denizens are absolutely horrified by what just transpired.

The following is how 22 celebrities reacted when they learned that
Elon Musk had just bought Twitter…
Tucker Carlson

    We’re back.
    — Tucker Carlson (@TuckerCarlson) April 25, 2022

Ice Cube

    Free at last! @elonmusk take off my shadow ban homie...
    — Ice Cube (@icecube) April 25, 2022

CNN’s Brian Stelter

    CNN’s @brianstelter on Musk’s Twitter takeover:

    “If you get invited to something where there are no rules, where
there is total freedom for everybody, do you actually want to go to
that party or are you going to decide to stay
home?”pic.twitter.com/uymSPHgY2w
    — Breaking911 (@Breaking911) April 25, 2022

Marc Andreessen

    WHO DID THIS pic.twitter.com/M7mIOr1hLm
    — Marc Andreessen (@pmarca) April 25, 2022

John Rich

    :) pic.twitter.com/zNcwsNdzem
    — John Rich (@johnrich) April 25, 2022

Senator Marsha Blackburn

    Today is an encouraging day for freedom of speech. I am hopeful
that Elon Musk will help rein in Big Tech’s history of censoring users
that have a different viewpoint.
    — Sen. Marsha Blackburn (@MarshaBlackburn) April 25, 2022

Jimmy Failla

    Elon Musk is buying Twitter and everyone freaking out drives a
Tesla. There’s never been a dumber time to be alive.
    — Jimmy Failla (@jimmyfailla) April 25, 2022

Tim Allen

    The little twitter bird has a new owner. Wonder how long it will
take for the new shadow ban council to prevent me from saying stuff
like: Hunter Biden laptop. Or even more provocative: Tesla in-car fart
app? (Love it when driving my Mom.)
    — Tim Allen (@ofctimallen) April 25, 2022

Erick Erickson

    We need to thank all the progressives who bought Teslas for making
this possible.
    — Erick Erickson (@EWErickson) April 25, 2022

Avi Yemini

    I’m GAINING followers for a change.

    Thank you, Elon Musk!
    — Avi Yemini (@OzraeliAvi) April 26, 2022

New York Times Columnist Charles M. Blow

    Looks like I’m about to say goodbye to Twitter as well. I’ve been
pulling back a bit from social media anyway. This will be just the
push I need to go all the way on this app. https://t.co/QkwIsYy6zS
    — Charles M. Blow (@CharlesMBlow) April 25, 2022

Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene

    Prepare for blue check mark full scale meltdown after @elonmusk
seals the deal and I should get my personal Twitter account restored.
pic.twitter.com/MKBQvHCoAH
    — Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (@RepMTG) April 25, 2022

Jack Posobiec

    And here. We. Go. https://t.co/JuuedCw9Jh
    — Jack Posobiec 🇺🇸 (@JackPosobiec) April 25, 2022

Journalist Michael Tracey

    Dark days ahead. There is only one man who should be celebrating
Elon Musk's purchase of Twitter -- Vladimir Putin. My latest in the
New York Times:
    — Michael Tracey (@mtracey) April 25, 2022

Texas Governor Greg Abbott

    . at elonmusk. Bring Twitter to Texas to join Tesla, SpaceX & the
Boring company.
    — Greg Abbott (@GregAbbott_TX) April 25, 2022

Matt Oswalt

    people worried Elon Musk will ruin Twitter, a website whose major
accomplishments over 16 years are creating then destroying Chrissy
Teigen and getting Brooklyn Nine-Nine a 6th season
    — Matt Oswalt (@MattOswaltVA) April 25, 2022

Congressman Lance Gooden

    Elon Musk is buying Twitter.

    CNN+ is shutting down.

    Disney is being reined in.

    It's a bad time to be woke.
    — Lance Gooden (@Lancegooden) April 25, 2022

Mike Drucker

    If Elon Musk buys Twitter, I’m never signing in again until five
minutes later when I’m bored and open the app without thinking
    — Mike Drucker (@MikeDrucker) April 25, 2022

Ice T

    It would kinda dope if Musk bought Twitter and just shut it off…. Lol
    — ICE T (@FINALLEVEL) April 25, 2022

Dave Portnoy

    Instagram next! https://t.co/ryrK8dVXYt
    — Dave Portnoy (@stoolpresidente) April 25, 2022

Jack Dorsey

    In principle, I don’t believe anyone should own or run Twitter. It
wants to be a public good at a protocol level, not a company. Solving
for the problem of it being a company however, Elon is the singular
solution I trust. I trust his mission to extend the light of
consciousness.
    — jack⚡️ (@jack) April 26, 2022

Elon Musk

    I hope that even my worst critics remain on Twitter, because that
is what free speech means
    — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 25, 2022

And then there's this...

    The extreme antibody reaction from those who fear free speech says it all
    — Elon Musk (@elonmusk) April 26, 2022