SSD's. Solid State Disks

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 26 00:36:29 PDT 2022

https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hdd-versus-ssd-whats-the-diff/

"This blog post was originally published in March 2016 and was updated in September 2018. Since then, HDD and SSD drive technology continues to improve, so we’re sharing our latest update to this post."
"Between all of the different computer drives available, it’s easy to get overwhelmed by the differences between them. The two fundamental drives you should know the differences between are hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid-state drives (SSDs). You might be wondering, what’s the difference between a HDD and a SSD? Which drive is best to use? What kind of drive is more likely to fail?"

"We spend a lot of time thinking about HDDs and SSDs, so we know that using either drives comes with its advantages and disadvantages. If you’re looking to upgrade your computer with a new drive, or you’re curious about the best uses for either kind of drive, it’s helpful to have a side-by-side comparison of each option. So, we developed this “What’s the Diff” post to help break down the differences between these two drive types. Read on to learn how far drive technology has come over the years and how to make the best decision for your data storage needs."