[spam][joke] How a Lightbulb is Installed

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 23 03:20:48 PDT 2022

A large warehouse with a socket in the ceiling.

A lightbulb is about 10 feet from the ground, held by a large screw-like
contraption.

Large poles extend from the light-bulb holder. Hundreds of burly men push
on the poles, slowly turning. Elephants, mules, tractors, are affixed to
these poles, pulling and pulling on the workings of slowly lifting the
light bulb toward the ceiling.

A bit off, scientists and engineers are studying lightbulb installation.
Dust build-up. Alignment factors. Material stresses. Datacenters crunch
numbers, burning killowatts of electricity and turning the flow of a nearby
river to steam for cooling. Printers constantly print reams of numbers and
charts, and flunkies review them in depth, traveling to and fro between the
scientists and the laborers to adjust details around the process of raising
the lightbulb toward the ceiling.

Often everybody is asked to stop. "Ohmygod." "We did it again!" "Reverse 1
foot and 3.17 inches." "Everybody about face!" "Those are my toes!" "Get
your derrick away from my giraffe!" "On 3 now!" "One ...!" "Two .."

And the light bulb shakes.

Under rare conditions, it is possible to change a lightbulb.