[spam][crazy] Eventually Changing Censorship

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 02:01:07 PDT 2022

Censorship is really blatant in my life, and very hard for me to grapple
with due to my amnesia.

When I'm aware of it, it's not clear where it comes from. It looks a little
like it's some combination of human behavior, system compromise, government
activity, criminal activity, error, funded political influence, ISP
filtering, etc etc. I can't tell.

It looks like some of it is clearly illegal.

It looks like some of it is clearly unwanted by people who would have
authority around it.

One of my tentative fears is that if it were pressured a lot it could "go
back into hiding" and assert strong harmful powers invisibly. It would seem
good to address it in a way that prevents this.

Today, I got a "meetup" notice for a cool event, and visited the
description. I went to search for similar events and none came up. Not even
that one! I don't see any way to find it again, now that the notice has
gone away.

This seems to be censorship of my search results.

It would be quite reasonable to prove that, but _why_ is it happening? How
do we protect people from things like this happening in harmful ways?

Part of me considers such protection would relate to where-ever it comes
from and how and why it happens.