[spam][wrong] new git history for mailman

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 22:36:31 PDT 2022

On 4/17/22, Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many
<gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> hey I did a "git pull" in my mailman git repository recently and it said it
> couldn't merge cause there was no common ancestor between the trees
>
> that's kinda frustrating, could things go better than that??
>
> anyway I tarred the folder up for possible archival of both histories

Various project repos have emitted this message.

As with any change in keys, projects should probably
announce why for transparency, unfortunately that is rarely done.

When people see the message, they should ask the project why.

And do a diff between copies to see if anything interesting changed.

Interesting changes have been seen before...
in sensitive projects, most were defensive, rather than suspect.

If the change is suspicious, people should publish
their observation for review.