Telegraphing a centralized exchange monero bank run

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Sun Apr 17 08:45:42 PDT 2022

a person called bawdyanarchist wrote on the r/CryptoCurrency subreddit. "Any exchange that hasn't disabled withdraws (which many of them have already), we're pulling our funds." That post as of Saturday had been upvoted more than 2,200 times.

Bawdyanarchist wrote that Monero's obfuscated ledger technology has made it possible for exchanges to misrepresent reserves and sell XMR that they don't actually hold. Bawdyanarchist said exchanges can do this because they believe most Monero holders won’t seek to withdraw their funds.

So now, members of the Monero community appear to be coordinating efforts to withdraw XMR coins from as many exchanges as possible

https://decrypt.co/98023/monero-faithful-threaten-bank-run-on-centralized-exchanges