[ot][wrong] Please let me sleep outdoors in the coldest winter. Was: Re: PLEASE LET ME SLEEP OUTDOORS

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sat Apr 16 05:47:41 PDT 2022

On Thu, Apr 14, 2022, 9:27 AM Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of
Many <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2022-03-21 thru 2022-03-27: [X] Week 1 of Wim Hof Cold Protocol, 30
> seconds cold water daily. Performed indoors.
>
> 2022-03-28 thru 2022-04-12: [ ] it simply got harder and harder to shower
> at all as I stretched the cold water time toward 1:30 in week 2 and
> discovered my water could be made colder than I had had it before
>
> 2022-04-14 0924 ET: [X] Custom protocol reacclimation, 1 meal , 5 seconds
> of cold water

2022-04-14 1120 ET: [X] 10 seconds with food

It still feels hard to do. It's exciting to imagine the showers getting
easy again.

I'm wondering whether the periods of keeping the duration the same are
important. I've dropped them.

2022-04-14 1551 ET: [X] 15 seconds with food

I have an eating urge these weeks, and it is really helping the cold shower
thing.

Taking frequent showers there's much less need to build up with hot water
prior and it gets faster.

This time I ate after rather than before and I think it might help a lot
with the incentivisation.

2022-04-14 1826 ET: [X] 20 seconds with food

It started getting hard to select foods I've eaten this way. I ended up
adding spices to change it.

It was hard to go to the shower, so I began eating just near it without
planning the whole thing, and then I seemed able to do it.

2022-04-15 0456 ET: [X] 25 seconds with food

I woke up early while still trying to avoid a frightening psychotic break
threatening from yesterday. I got incredibly hungry, possibly associated
with avoiding a project I was pursuing, unsure. The urge to eat was so hard
to manage, and helped me shower.

Things are a little confusing this morning.

2022-04-15 1027 ET: [X] 30 seconds with food

My new habit of turning the water hotter and hotter kicked in before I turn
it cold. This seemed to make it much easier.

It was hard seeming right before, but I feel confident after. I remember
how well 30 seconds went the first week.

2022-04-16 0843 ET: [X] 35 seconds with food

Yesterday I had an autonomic nervous system conflict where I suddenly got
very ill for hours instead of eating and showering, right when I was about
to go in the shower. I felt better after a nap.

For a while when I got hungry, I would think of showering, and then hunger
would go away.

Just had some food in response to an urge, and 35 seconds of cold water. At
one point I felt how cold it was and I was all "oh no this is so cold what
will I do" , I was imagining being cold forever, and then I remembered it
was only 35 seconds and relaxed. For around 5 seconds it felt enjoyable
like the first weeks!

I'm pretty confused with other psychological issues. We'll see how this
continues.