Cryptocurrency: Energy and E-Waste Memes Are FUD Propaganda Spread by Dying GovBankCorp

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 15:03:06 PDT 2022

> Lefty Eco-Wokester Sen Warren Debunks S.Claas on
> Bitcoin Crypto Electricity Power Energy Consumption Global Warming.
>
> Add it ALL up, the ENTIRE Global GovCorp Fiat Banking Finance
> Monetary and Markets Systems, and ALL that goes into it...
> crypto uses nothing in comparison.
>
> Elizabeth Warren Claims Finance Is An Enormous Greenhouse Gas Emitter
> https://twitter.com/SenWarren/status/1475541998522224643

All-in, crypto and bitcoin beats in both net and efficiency...
https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/research%3A-bitcoin-consumes-less-than-half-the-energy-of-the-banking-or-gold-industries

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qu156PvA-NI  Crypto enables expression of values
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFYKq5Qe1Bs  Crypto advances renewables

https://bitcoinminingcouncil.com/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZP3aXUnEoo

https://bitcoinminingcouncil.com/
https://nydig.com/research/report-bitcoin-net-zero
https://kingsbusinessreview.co.uk/bitcoin-solution-for-energy-transition
https://www.oilandgaslawyerblog.com/mining-bitcoin-a-solution-to-gas-flaring/
https://twitter.com/BrianRoemmele/status/1453761177201242116
https://bitcoinist.com/btc-the-lightning-network-s-energy-consumption-vs-the-world-a-comparison/

https://twitter.com/DWildcatters
https://twitter.com/sarah4rrc

How can you compare ENERGY without comparing armored trucks,
employees, employee energy going to from work, etc. There's much more
to energy than face value electric costs.

FOR THE ENVIRONMENTALISTS

(that only real the comments)....

[QUOTE]

Galaxy Digital also showed that a significant part of the world's
energy production is wasted — about 2,205 TWh per year which is 19.4
times that of the Bitcoin network.

"Though the revenue associated with mining varies, miners have the
luxury of flexibility, with the option to switch their equipment on or
off at any time,” according to the report. “This makes Bitcoin mining
the ideal energy sink: anyone, anywhere, can monetize excess energy by
plugging in equipment and switching it off at their convenience. One
example of where Bitcoin mining acts as an energy sink is in oil
fields, resulting in a direct reduction in methane emissions."

According to the report, oil fields currently generate about 40
percent of the world's energy. However, they also frequently produce
methane as a byproduct, whose greenhouse effects are 25 times as
environmentally damaging as those of an equivalent quantity of carbon
dioxide.

"Bitcoin mining offers a solution,” the report suggested. “Companies
like Great American Mining, Upstream Data, and Crusoe Energy Systems
are building infrastructure to capture this methane at the wellhead
and use the otherwise-wasted gas to mine bitcoin. This means that oil
producers can ensure a 24x reduction in emissions compared to venting
that methane into the atmosphere.”

[/QUOTE]

Forbes wrote an article when Bitcoin was $10B market cap and said if
Bitcoin 100x to $1T market cap it would consume the energy available
on the entire earth today. Market cap increased 100x but energy use
only increased 5x.

It's not about the amount of energy but the type of energy.

Bitcoin is the only viable flexible base load energy consumer. Brian
Brooks explains it really well in this video.
https://twitter.com/KarlssonAlex1/status/1484237667781038088

Remember when all those Texans froze to death during that cold snap?
That's because they built capacity for the good times. Now they are
building capacity for the bad times and it is bitcoin miners who
consume all the energy in the 99% of times they don't need max
capacity. Without bitcoin miners they could not have financed it.

POW will be vital for the green energy transition because you need
flexible baseload consumers to make it economically feasible. None of
the 'Bitcoin is bad because of muh energy' crowd even knows what a
flexible base load consumer is, let alone that they can come up with
an alternative to bitcoin mining. They come up with things like
hydrogen production. You can't just shut down a hydrogen plant within
7 seconds as bitcoin miners are required to do in texas.

Then there is methane gas flaring and venting. It is responsible for
ca. 2% of global warming. The potential electricity generation of
(just the reported) flare gas is 6x what bitcoin currently consumes.
Within 5 years every single oil company on the planet will be mining
Bitcoin to meet their climate goals;) For small and/or remote drilling
sites Bitcoin mining is pretty much T.I.N.A. It will turn Bitcoin into
a net negative emission industry. The only net negative industry on
this planet.https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/26/exxon-mining-bitcoin-with-crusoe-energy-in-north-dakota-bakken-region.html

https://blog.upstreamdata.ca/

https://www.crusoeenergy.com/blog/5t1IxNQ1ZxTDc2OvaBEERn/green-bitcoin-mining-the-big-profits-in-clean-crypto

Still, ignorance can win. Greenpeace demonized nuclear energy and all
we got in exchange for it was more coal. So Bitcoin could meet the
same faith as nuclear. We should try and prevent that by educating
people on the type of energy instead of the amount of energy.