USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:44:57 PDT 2022

>> Biden and his wokester ProgDems now polling under 39%
>> approval and falling
>
> And the rest of the World rightly mocks and ignores them all...
> The USA actually "voted" to install this garbage

According to the Lunatic Left, Math is now racist,
no wonder the world is mocking them...

"Decolonising Math": University Asks Professors To Consider Race Of
Mathematicians Before Relying On Their Work

https://jonathanturley.org/2022/04/11/decolonising-math-durham-university-asks-professors-to-consider-the-race-of-mathematicians-before-relying-on-their-work/

We previously discussed the view of University of Rhode Island and
Director of Graduate Studies of History Erik Loomis that “Science,
statistics, and technology are all inherently racist.”

Others have agreed with that view, including denouncing math as racist
or a “tool of whiteness.”

Now, as part of its “decolonization” efforts, Durham University is
calling on professors in the math department to ask themselves if
they’re citing work from “mostly white or male” mathematicians.

According to the Telegraph and The College Fix a guide instructs
faculty that “decolonising the mathematical curriculum means
considering the cultural origins of the mathematical concepts,
focuses, and notation we most commonly use.”  It adds:

    “[T]he question of whether we have allowed Western mathematicians
to dominate in our discipline is no less relevant than whether we have
allowed western authors to dominate the field of literature. It may
even be more important, if only because mathematics is rather more
central to the advancement of science than is literature.”

Some professors have objected to being asked to consider the race or
gender of mathematicians rather than their underlying theories or
formulas.

In the Telegraph article, Exeter University Social Science Professor
Doug Stokes is quoted as saying that “[t]he idea behind decolonising
maths is that because everyone should be regarded as equal, the status
of their beliefs must also be equal.”

He denounces that view as “judgmental relativism is an inversion of
science that is based on what is real rather than making everybody
feel included.”

But all ideas are not equal, particularly math. Some literally do not
add up. Math is inherently objective and based on provable tenets or
theories. As I discussed earlier, it is a shame to see math treated as
a field of privilege when many of us view it as a field of pure
intellectual pursuit and bias neutrality.  Either the math is there or
it is not.  The race of the mathematician will not change the outcome.

The Durham University guide insists that academics need to not only
consider what theories to apply but the race of the theoreticians to
“decolonize” math. It does not state how a failure to do so will
impact on a professor’s retention or advancement at the university.