USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 22:35:06 PDT 2022

> Donald J Trump won the US 2020 Presidential Election

By, according to some estimates, even nearing 40%...

https://rwmalonemd.substack.com/p/mass-formation-psychosis

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/google-twitter-employees-donations-democrats
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/twitter/recipients?id=D000067113
https://aibrt.org/downloads/EPSTEIN_2022-GOOGLE%27S_TRIPLE_THREAT-AIBRT_ver.pdf

'Something That’s Frightening': Robert Epstein Warns Against Big Tech
Manipulation

https://www.theepochtimes.com/something-thats-frightening-dr-robert-epstein-warns-against-big-tech-manipulation_4395546.html
https://www.theepochtimes.com/dr-robert-epstein-inside-big-techs-manipulation-machine-and-how-to-stop-it_4388332.html
https://otter.ai/u/OGoV_TUQIgd5Q2J0GDiOMuhCNno
https://medium.com/@re_53711/seven-simple-steps-toward-online-privacy-20dcbb9fa82
https://mygoogleresearch.com/

A senior research psychologist at the American Institute for
Behavioral Research and Technology, in California, Robert Epstein has
been researching and looking at how the biggest tech companies
influence human behavior, and conducting extensive monitoring projects
of bias in these companies’ products, with a particular focus on
Google.
Robert Epstein, senior research psychologist at the American Institute
for Behavioral Research and Technology, in California on March 28,
2022. (York Du/The Epoch Times)

Epstein called his findings “frightening” because of the tech
companies’ ability to manipulate and change people’s behavior on a
global scale.

“Now, put that all together, you’ve got something that’s frightening,
because you have sources of influence, controlled by really a handful
of executives who are not accountable to any public, not the American
public, not any public anywhere. They’re only accountable to their
shareholders,” Epstein told “American Thought Leaders” host Jan
Jekielek during a recent interview.

“And yet, they hold in their hands, the power to change thinking
behavior on a massive scale, the power in close elections anyway, to
pick the winner in the country after country after country.”

Epstein said that Google’s search engine shifted between 2.6 million
and 10.4 million votes to Hillary Clinton, over a period of months
before the 2016 election, and later shifted at least 6 million votes
to Joe Biden and other Democrats.

“We calculated at one point that as of 2015, upwards of 25 percent of
the national elections in the world were being controlled, being
determined, by Google’s search algorithm,” he said.

Epstein is making these comments after conducting rigorous studies,
spanning almost a decade, and managing to document ephemeral
experiences of manipulation on Google and other companies’ platforms.
A man uses the new Google Pixel 4 smartphone during a Google launch
event on Oct. 15, 2019, in New York City. (Drew Angerer/Getty Images)

He said ephemeral experiences are the ideal form of manipulation
because they are not recorded and hard to document, like a flashing
newsfeed, a search result, or a suggested video.

“They affect us, they disappear, they’re stored nowhere, and they’re
gone,” said Epstein. “People have no idea they’re being manipulated,
number one, and number two, authorities can’t go back in time to see
what people were being shown, in other words, how they were being
manipulated.”

One of his team’s recent experiments includes randomly assigning
people to groups with search results favoring candidate A in one group
and favoring candidate B in the other. The idea was to shift the
participants’ voting preference, which Epstein thought would be for
about 3 percent of the participants.

“Very first experiment we ever ran on this, we shifted voting
preferences by more than 40 percent. So, I thought that’s impossible,
that can’t be repeated. The experiment with another group got a shift
of more than 60 percent. So, I realized, wait a minute, maybe I’ve
stumbled on something here.”

These findings are the greatest discovery in the behavioral and social
sciences in over 100 years, according to Epstein.
In this photo taken Sept. 6, 2016, then-Democratic presidential
candidate Hillary Clinton speaks at a rally at the University of South
Florida in Tampa, Fla.  (AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)

Layers of Biases

He said there are two layers on which people can be manipulated, one
is the programmer creating the algorithm to influence results, to
ultimately increase the company’s revenue, and then there is the
neglect of the algorithms, where they are created and left unchecked.

“Or could be maybe they’re just not paying attention. In fact, let’s
call this as I do in a new article I have coming up, algorithmic
neglect, okay, so they’re just neglecting it.”

He said these algorithms do not give equal time to candidates or
anything else, they just push one item to the top list. “So, if
computer programs are determining who runs the world, who runs many
countries around the world, that can’t be good for humanity. They’re
just not smart enough to make good decisions for us.”

Epstein said the programmers creating the algorithms have biases, so
therefore the algorithm has a preference. “Now, 96 percent, of
donations from Google, and other tech companies in Silicon Valley, go
to one political party, it happens to be the party I like, which is
the Democratic Party. But the point is, there’s a lot of political
bias in these companies.”

Dan Gainor of the Media Research Center confirmed this fact. “From the
top to the bottom, these companies are overwhelmingly liberal,
overwhelmingly pro-Democrat,” Gainor told Fox News. “At the top, they
contribute to Democrat causes. At the bottom, they contribute to
Democrat causes in overwhelming numbers.”

Likewise, Twitter employee donations during the last federal election
cycle, according to data compiled by the Center for Responsive
Politics show at least 89 percent of their donations went to
democrats.

Other Significant Experiment

The strongest effect Epstein was able to create was called OME
(opinion matching effect).

As an example, he said that companies like Facebook, Tinder, etc. may
have a campaign to “help” users decide who is the better candidate.
The company can put up surveys that ask what the person thinks about
certain issues and after the survey, the program will tell the user
which candidate matches their opinions or preferences.

Epstein said they have found that when they, in experiments, give
people a quiz, and then they tell them how good a match they are for
one candidate or another, “All the numbers shift in the direction of
whichever candidate, we said, You match. They all shift. And the
shifts we get are between 70 and 90 percent.”  The most critical part
is that the experimenter does not look at the participant’s answers
when they tell them who they match.

“So, opinion matching is a fantastic way to manipulate people, because
you can shift people very, very, very dramatically and they have no
clue. They do not suspect any kind of bias or manipulation.”
Next Steps

Epstein said his next step with this work is to do this monitoring on
a larger scale so that we can get rid of the interference in our
democracy, our lives, and with our children.

“This is the solution, which is permanent, large-scale monitoring 24
hours a day in all 50 states, doing to them what they do to us and our
kids. If we do it to them, if we monitor, we capture, we archive and
we expose, okay, then they will stay out of our lives.”

Epstein reiterated that although he is a Democrat, he is not for this
type of manipulation even though it favors the outcome he prefers.

“Now, I’m not a conservative. So, you know, I say, you know, keep
going, Yeah, absolutely. I love it. But I don’t love it. Because I
don’t want a private company that’s not accountable to the public
deciding what billions of people can see and cannot see, the problem
there is you don’t know what they don’t show,” he said.

“There are sound reasons for wanting to get these companies out of our
elections because if we don’t, it makes democracy into a kind of a
joke or at least an illusion,” he said.

“Because it means in close elections, election after election after
election, it means these companies are choosing the winner.”
Election workers count ballots in Philadelphia, Pa., on Nov. 4, 2020.
(Spencer Platt/Getty Images)

His team is primed to do this research to find out how this type of
manipulation is affecting children.

“And nobody really understands how these companies are impacting our
children, especially young children. So that’s, that’s become my
latest obsession is trying to figure that out.”

Through the monitoring, Epstein said “We’re trying to figure out how
the manipulation works. But most importantly, we’re trying to quantify
it.” And he is most interested now, in finding out how all this is
impacting children and young adults.

“Because I think that what’s really happening is that there is a
cumulative effect of, not just political bias, but a value literally a
cumulative effect of being exposed to certain kinds of values, over
and over and over again, on one tech platform, or after another. And I
think that the people who are most vulnerable to being impacted by
that kind of process are children.”

Readers can learn more about protecting personal information by going
to myprivacytips.com or going to a website called Internet Watchdog.
Epstein has also updated his official testimony to Congress which can
be found at Google’s Triple Threat.com and my Google research.com.

His “plea” to the public is if you are in a position to donate, please do.

“So, we’ve made a lot of progress, we need to go to the next level,
the next level means setting up a permanent, large scale,
self-sustaining monitoring system in all 50 U.S. states. This is
something which I think is required. It’s not optional. This is
required for us, we must do this to protect our country, our
democracy, our children, this must be done.”