TXQRApp: A brief attempt to succeed QRStream

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 12 01:23:05 PDT 2022

On 4/12/22, Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many
<gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:
> https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroiddata/-/merge_requests/7800
>
> Some years ago somebody reached out to me associated with
> https://github.com/xloem/QRStream and some further work a different
> party had engaged in. The communications are on open issue threads.
>
> Nowadays, there has been further work in QR code communication.
>
> I didn't finish the merge submission, and somebody named Izzy helped
> incredibly moving the contribution forward.
>
> The project has always built fine for me locally.

For clarification: The above paragraphs were intended to be clear and
helpful, but I'm very confused and it's hard to make things clear and
helpful.

I'm talking about an app I made some years ago called TXQRStream,
which is for easing moving information across airgaps. Such apps are
rare and get used if they appear on app stores.

I needed help getting it onto F-Droid. I still do.

I can do this myself if I prioritise it highly. It may take weeks and
impact my life, and I'm not currently using it. The work is just
simple git-fu. It might make sense for me to reach out to the QRStream
user base or other QR code devs.