[ot][spam][crazy] The Trials of Controlling a Programmer

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 04:15:24 PDT 2022

On Tue, Apr 5, 2022, 7:02 AM Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many
<gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> notes: in the flasher source, it's designed for more than one interface,
> and use of the lpc chip is guarded by this:
> uint8_t lpc_test(void) {
>         nibble_hw_init();

FRAME is driven high for 1us and then allowed to drop for 1us.

>         lpc_init();

calls nibble_init():
INIT is briefly dropped and then raised.
CLK is raised.
FRAME is raised.
calls nibble_write(0):
DATA lines are set high.
calls clock_cycle() 24 times.
The code for clock_cycle drops CLK then immediately raises it.

It goes on with more port writes. I may have made an error in transcribing
the above.

I'm guessing the clock is happening faster than I have my oscilloscope set.
Maybe I can spend some time learning it better and see the 1us FRAME
behavior.

        if (lpc_read_address(0xFFFFFFFF)==-1) return 0;