Free E-Book Service

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 15:12:08 PDT 2022

Hi,

The PDF book idea (for me where frequent big downloads are not an issue;
some have had trouble with large attachments in the past) seems heartening
and fun :)

Regarding alternatives to PDF, a clear format is plaintext. This is easier
to read and trust from a text-only environment, and can be smaller and
easier to transfer. There are tools to convert pdfs or epubs to plaintext,
but often the output needs a lot of hand-massaging to look nice.

There are some good examples of plaintext books at the old project
gutenberg website.

However, I infer doing that conversion could add a lot of work to something
that otherwise could be an easy share, so I don't personally have an
opinion on it one way or the other.