[ot][spam][crazy] The Trials of Controlling a Programmer

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 03:57:35 PDT 2022

recap: my chip flasher stopped working and I didn't finish troubleshooting
it, instead using internal flashing, which is slow.

side information: i've started porting serialice to my board, which lets
you step through bios firmware and try different images without removing
the chip.

I got two new sockets in the mail, and a new breadboard. I wired them up
but it's still not working. I'm not using the breadboard yet, because the
sockets have square pins and I don't want to add points of failure.

The most likely candidate for misbehavior is atm the teensy flasher i'm
using. This flasher's code is open (the teensy's seems not to be, unsure)
was recommended by the community, but they all use internal flashing
themselves. There are flashers using the same code for a beagleboard and a
raspberry pi.

I'm thinking a reasonable next troubleshooting step would be to try
swapping teensies out. I also have interest in doing the teensy programming
on another system, for convenience and to consider bisecting the system
it's connected to as a failure point.

It's hard to track possible issues with the wiring, with 32 wires and my
hands spasming. It would seem easier on a breadboard. I think it would be
helpful to label each wire.