Is the end nigh for end-to-end encryption? | Encryption | The Guardian

jim bell jdb10987 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 4 01:52:26 PDT 2022

On Mon, Apr 4, 2022 at 12:45 AM, Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many<gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:So long as the social vulnerabilities of silo'd corporate platforms are being abused for politics, war, control, and personal power, laws like these will keep on coming, albeit slowly.
They do not spell doom.
[disclaimer: I read only jim's summary, not the article, and I have mental issues]

The material you did not quote was a partial quote from the article itself. I did not add any comment.
But I am fully in favor of end-to-end encryption.  We should not have to trust some non-government organization to give us (revocable at any time, in secret?) 'permission' to keep secrets.
I remember the Clipper chip debacle of 1993, 29 years ago.
       Jim Bell