Cryptocurrencies are a two-legged stool

Undiscussed Horrific Abuse, One Victim of Many gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 18:10:50 PDT 2022

On 4/3/22, professor rat <pro2rat at yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> There's a non-trivial difference between ' Decentralized ' and ' Distributed
> "
>
> https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jason-Hoelscher/publication/260480880/figure/fig1/AS:297257619476480@1447883147178/Centralized-decentralized-and-distributed-network-models-by-Paul-Baran-1964-part-of-a.png
>
> Anarchists may settle for decentralized networks  - so long as a healthy
> progress continues towards more distributed ones.  They're fussy like
> that.

Thanks, it sounds like both are important. I don't atm understand the
difference well. Maybe I did in the past.

Regarding integration into mainstream software, I'm thinking that any
continuing motion toward something being fully distributed, even if
it's nowhere there yet, could be helpful. Dunno. Guess that's what you
just said!

Distributed networks are important for more than just anarchism: these
support plain democracy, consumer and organisation rights and
freedoms, etc.