Cryptocurrencies are a two-legged stool

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Sun Apr 3 08:03:12 PDT 2022

On Sun, Apr 3, 2022, 8:59 AM professor rat <pro2rat at yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> “I realized if you allow anyone to mint anything and sell it
> pseudonymously, plagiarism is built into that,” he said. “If your system is
> built on decentralization as a core building block, there’s just no fixing
> that problem. It’s just inherent in the fundamentals.”

> https://decrypt.co/96637/nfts-have-a-problem-with-copyright-theft

I did not read the link. But copyright is mostly defending large
organisations this century, rather than its intended defense of the merit
and value of creative individuals.

Cryptoanarchy - in stark contrast - is a three-legged-stool

> Cypherpunks
> Subject: Everyone a remailer: Everyone a Mint: Everyone an assassin
>
> https://marc.info/?l=cypherpunks&m=100872510706876&w=2

I usually see this the enforcement way: "oh no assassination" -- but now I
see it is about p2p forthrightness.

In the developing labyrinth progress will be slower,but sure,toward
> distributed,P-P,encrypted,alternate OS plug ins that will
> accomplish all we seek to achieve.
>
> But remember, please, the Law by which we live,
> We are not built to comprehend a lie.
> We can neither live nor pity, nor forgive,
> If you make a slip in handling us you die!
> --The Secret of the Machines-- Rudyard Kipling
>
> It's been a few decades, and a more direct and focused approach to the
decentralised norm may be needed.

I'm thinking of, for example, adding basic decentralised components to
mainstream browsers or operating systems. Rather than add-on apps that only
a few use -- see what parts the central projects might accept.

Ideas.