1984: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 13:21:14 PDT 2022

https://twitter.com/Dknarfstudios/status/1509966159243788294

Security Expert Gavin de Becker just warned that people should
question when the government is telling them to fear something.

He noted that tyrannical governments have used the smear of “false
news” to shut down dissent many times in the past:

    “King Charles in the 1600s banned coffee houses. Why? Because
coffee houses were places where people gathered together and talked
and they’d be a little amped up…he put out a proclamation. I’m quoting
it here. Restrain the spreading of false news and licentious talking
of matters of state and government…he does another proclamation saying
the spreaders of false news or promoters of anything malicious against
the state will be considered seditious.”

    The word dangerous is dangerous to government … I wonder why
🤔..#Gavin de Becker on #JoeRogan #government
pic.twitter.com/Iz0PbNUVi7

    — Uncle Louie (@Dknarfstudios) April 1, 2022