USA 2020 Elections: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 04:09:21 PDT 2021

> Joe Biden the MAJOR ASSHOLE and his fucked up Admin,
> are now actively firing hundreds of thousands of private sector
> workers from their jobs, thus condemning them to not be eligible
> for unemployment insurance, giving them dishonorable
> discharges from military, ruining families and small business, etc...

One example re Medical Sector...

Fire everyone, cause shortages, health panics, cause mass disruption,
pass all sorts of nightmare legislation, hire in emergency workers
at higher rates on your dime, play Saviour, etc... classic...

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/hr/most-new-york-healthcare-workers-fired-over-mandate-won-t-get-unemployment-insurance.html

https://nypost.com/2021/09/28/unvaccinated-nypd-officers-threatened-with-demotion-by-iab/

The vaccination deadline for health-care workers In New York and a
handful of other nearby states has come and gone, and although the NYT
reported that thousands of workers lined up for jabs at the last
minute, thousands of workers in the industry have continued to resist
despite the fact that authorities are turning up the pressure by
declaring that those fired due to the mandate won't receive
unemployment insurance.

With the situation growing ever more dire, NY Gov. Kathy Hochul signed
an order on Monday to deal with possible staffing shortfalls resulting
from the statewide vaccination mandate for healthcare workers. In a
series of tweets Tuesday morning, Gov. Hochul explained why she signed
the order.

"Last night, I took bold action and signed an executive order that
will alleviate potential staffing shortages in our hospitals and other
health care facilities across New York State," she tweeted.

Healthcare workers who are fired for refusal to comply with the
state's COVID-19 vaccination mandate likely won't be eligible for
unemployment insurance, according to state officials.

In a statement released Sept. 25, New York Gov. Kathy Hochul's office
said the New York Department of Labor has issued guidance to clarify
that terminated workers won't be eligible for the benefits unless they
have a valid physician-approved request for medical accommodation.

The governor's office made the announcement at the same time it
unveiled a plan to address staffing shortages should a large number of
healthcare workers leave hospitals and other facilities because of the
state mandate.

New York's mandate requires healthcare workers at hospitals and
nursing homes to receive their first vaccine dose by Sept. 27.

Workers at additional entities covered by the mandate, including
diagnostic and treatment centers, home health agencies, long-term home
healthcare programs, school-based clinics and hospice care programs,
must have at least one dose by Oct. 7.

    "Workers in a healthcare facility, nursing home, or school who
voluntarily quit or are terminated for refusing an employer-mandated
vaccination will be ineligible... absent a valid request for
accommodation because these are workplaces where an employer has a
compelling interest in such a mandate, especially if they already
require other immunizations," according to the New York Department of
Labor website.

Ms. Hochul's office has said the state will consider deploying
National Guard members, as well as partnering with the federal
government to deploy disaster medical assistance teams to help local
healthcare systems.

The office said the governor's plan also includes the preparation of a
state of emergency declaration to boost workforce supply and allow
qualified healthcare professionals licensed in other states or
countries, recent graduates, retired and formerly practicing
healthcare professionals to practice at New York facilities.

But it's not just NY's hospitals facing staff shortages. As police
departments from the NYPD to the LAPD struggle with surging violent
crime, a group of unvaccinated undercover NYPD officers are reportedly
being threatened with demotion or even firing because their refusal to
get the vaccine could compromise their ability to meet sources in
restaurants and other locations, per the NY Post.

At least 10 officers and detectives were told by the Deputy
Commissioner of Internal Affairs Joseph Reznick that they would be
kicked back to a precinct if they didn’t get the jab. The cops are
chiefly part of the IAB, which investigates other cops.

One source told the Post: "[Reznick's] doing it because if they are
going to set up cops, they need vaccination cards to go into
restaurants and they don’t have it," a source said. "No one will want
to work with them," the source said.

Unlike NYC's public schools, the NYPD doesn't have a vaccine mandate,
but starting in mid-August, patrons at NYC restaurants are required to
show proof of vaccination in order to enter indoor settings, including
restaurants.

NYPD Commissioner Dermot Shea has said he supports a vaccine mandate
for the department, but has stopped short of issuing one because of
the potential backlash.