Coronavirus: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 22:11:21 PDT 2021

NYC... BLM and deBlasio [using corona to] incite a mess...

BLM Protest Planned At New York Restaurant Where Vaccination Proof Was Demanded

https://www.theepochtimes.com/blm-protest-planned-at-new-york-restaurant-where-vaccination-proof-was-demanded_4006720.html

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-2244102/Video-BLM-protesters-harass-diners-restaurant-Pittsburgh.html
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7vzrbg
https://nypost.com/2021/04/21/blm-protesters-scream-at-diners-outside-nyc-restaurant/

A Black Lives Matter chapter confirmed it will hold a protest at a New
York City restaurant to support three black women who were arrested
after a melee with a hostess who allegedly demanded they present proof
of COVID-19 vaccination.

Black Lives Matter Greater New York confirmed to Fox News and other
news outlets that they will side with the three women—identified by
officials as Kaeita Nkeenge Rankin, 44, Tyonnie Keshay Rankin, 21, and
Sally Rechelle Lewis—arguing that the city’s vaccine passport is being
weaponized against black people.

    “I believe that this New York City vaccine passport will be used
to keep black people out of spaces, and if we don’t stop it now then
the police will use it as an excuse to harass and arrest our people,”
a Black Lives Matter Greater New York spokesman told Fox News in a
statement.

Video footage posted online last week showed a hostess with Carmine’s
on Manhattan’s Upper West Side in a scuffle with several people.
Lawyers for Carmine’s on Saturday told Fox that the women did, in
fact, show proof of vaccination and were seated inside when the fracas
started, and the altercation started when two men from the women’s
party were not able to provide proof.

    Carmine’s on the UWS says a hostess was assaulted after asking a
group for proof of Covid vaccine to eat inside. “It’s a shocking and
tragic situation when one of our valued employees is assaulted for
doing their job - as required by city policies...” @NBCNewYork after
football. pic.twitter.com/xrqZoNm74R
    — Adam Harding (@HardingReports) September 17, 2021

But Justin Moore, a lawyer for one of the women, claimed they were
racially profiled and demanded the hostess be fired.

    “This hostess clearly has some anger management issues and
unfortunately her aggression and her violence led to something that
three black women are being punished for,” Moore, of Texas, told the
New York Daily News. He furthermore claimed that the hostess used a
racial slur against the three and attacked one of the Rankins,
sparking the melee.

A lawyer for Carmine’s denied Moore’s allegations.

    “Any claim that they were racially profiled is a complete
fabrication, disingenuous, and outright irresponsible,” Carolyn
Richmond, the attorney, told the Daily News.

Earlier, a spokesperson for the restaurant said that one of the women
physically assaulted the hostess, who was not named.

“It’s a shocking and tragic situation when one of our valued employees
is assaulted for doing their job—as required by city policies—and
trying to make a living,” the spokesperson told news outlets Friday.
“Our focus right now is caring for our employee and the rest of our
restaurant family. We are a family-style restaurant, and this is the
absolute last experience any of our employees should ever endure and
any customers witness.”

The three women were given tickets for assault and released by the New
York City Police Department, according to local reports.

Hawk Newsome, a prominent Black Lives Matter activist in New York,
wrote on Twitter and Instagram that the group will be “outside”
Carmine’s restaurant on Monday at 5 p.m. “Those Sisters @CarminesNYC
had proof of vaccination!” he also wrote.

    “Restaurants are using vaccine mandates to enforce their racist
beliefs and excluding black patrons,” Newsome also told the New York
Times last week.

According to data provided by the New York City Department of Health
as of Monday, 38 percent of black New Yorkers of all ages are fully
vaccinated. Among the largest age group, 18 to 44, 35 percent are
fully vaccinated.

The Epoch Times has contacted Black Lives Matter and Carmine’s for comment.