US Declaration Constitution BoR... Gets Trigger Warning, For Real

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 9 02:29:22 PDT 2021

"Harmful Language" Trigger Warning Added To US Constitution On
National Archives Website

https://summit.news/2021/09/08/harmful-language-trigger-warning-added-to-us-constitution-on-national-archives-website/
https://summit.news/2021/06/28/national-archives-task-force-suggests-racism-trigger-warnings-for-constitution-bill-of-rights/
https://twitter.com/laurenboebert/status/1435355034578001923
https://www.archives.gov/

The official National Archives website has added a trigger warning to
the US Constitution, the Declaration of Independence and Bill of
Rights which cautions that the documents contain “harmful language.”

Yes, really.

“The National Archives have now put a disclaimer on their website that
our historical documents may include Harmful Content,” tweeted
Congresswoman Lauren Boebert (R-Colorado).

“They even slapped this warning on the Constitution. We tried to tell
you the Left wanted to get rid of it!”

    The National Archives have now put a disclaimer on their website
that our historical documents may include Harmful Content.

    They even slapped this warning on the Constitution.

    We tried to tell you the Left wanted to get rid of it!
pic.twitter.com/UeJtqgudMm
    — Lauren Boebert (@laurenboebert) September 7, 2021

As part of the National Archives’ “institutional commitment to
diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility,” it is now flagging
“potentially harmful content,” which is defined as reflecting “racist,
sexist, ableist, misogynistic/misogynoir, and xenophobic opinions and
attitudes” or being “discriminatory towards or exclude diverse views
on sexuality, gender, religion, and more.”

“What are we becoming?” former Trump DHS secretary Ken Cuccinelli
asked in a tweet. “Are you kidding me?”

The development is not surprising given that a National Archives task
force insisted earlier this summer that the historical portrayal of
the founding fathers has previously been “too positive.”

The group also demanded that the National Archives’ Rotunda building,
which houses the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution
and the Bill of Rights, be considered an example of “structural
racism.”

It asked that new descriptions be added to “contextualize the
records,” and notes placed to “forewarn audiences of content that may
cause intense physiological and psychological symptoms.”

A safe space was even requested so people who couldn’t handle words
such as “elderly,” “handicapped” and “illegal alien” be given an area
in which they could escape from presumably suffering some kind of
panic attack.

The American left went from holding a casual disregard to the history
and founding of their own country to weaponizing Critical Race Theory
as a means of subverting its entire historical basis.

Good luck in the coming war with China.