SpyVeillance1984: Nothing To Hide - The Poorest of Excuses

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 17:14:33 PDT 2021

"Nothing To Hide" - A Poor Excuse To Justify Surveillance

https://brucewilds.blogspot.com/2021/09/nothing-to-hide-poor-excuse-to-justify.html

https://www.congress.gov/bill/117th-congress/house-bill/4980
https://www.rt.com/news/533836-italy-drone-covid-temperature/

Many people claim they have nothing to hide and use that as the reason
they don't object to the expanding web of surveillance being weaved
over them. These people ignore the fact we are surrendering our right
to freedom when we as a society go down this path. The reality is that
when someone knows all about you and your deepest thought they gain
tremendous power over you. This is directly linked to the ability to
control you.

This weekend on a short trip I came across a couple of annoying
examples of the government dirtying the waters and making our lives
more difficult and less free. These include turning parts of the
interstate system into a toll road then not taking cash as payment and
so-called "photo enforcement" of traffic laws. While many states have
gone to using cameras to some extent for enforcing traffic laws, the
practice remains highly controversial. Whether it is incorporated in
the notion of reducing labor, streamlining the system, or ending
counterfeiting or money laundering, the above can complicate our life.
Tech is not the gift of freedom many people think. It could be said we
are being boxed in and many of our options are not being preserved.
Some People Remain Optimistic

The picture below is one of many that appeared when searching for
images showing people stand up and fighting. The idea of resisting new
rules and mandates placed upon us conflicts with the idea we should
all try to go along with what we are being told to do. Some people
have even suggested and claimed those resisting the changes fostered
upon us be labeled terrorists.

This has drastically increased the fear of speaking out, which, was at
one time considered a mainstay of a free society. The more I know and
learn, the more appalled I have become concerning the direction
society is taking mankind. Rather than making us freer, modern society
is slowly squeezing and tamping down our right to go about life
unimpeded and with a minimum of barriers blocking our ability to,
shall we say, "freely move about the cabin."

This has gone to the point where our government thinks it should
supply the poor and indigent with free computers and the internet to
level the playing field. This in turn forces the rest of us to move in
the direction of being "connected" or becoming irrelevant. Of course,
being connected means it becomes easier for big brother to watch your
every move and allows those in power to exert more control over those
under their watchful eye.

The number of forces limiting freedom is on the rise. A new bill has
been introduced that would specifically ban all unvaccinated
individuals or only one injection from flying. H.R. 4980 that has been
posted on Congress.gov, directs the Secretary of Homeland Security to
ensure that any individual traveling on a flight that departs from or
arrives at an airport inside the United States or a territory of the
United States is fully vaccinated against COVID-19

This comes at a time when many in mainstream media are calling for
more restrictions on the movement of unvaccinated people. It also
dovetails with other stories coming out during the pandemic involving
drones equipped with thermal optic sensors and artificial intelligence
to detect if a person was feverish. According to RT News, this
dystopic technology has been deployed over Italian beaches. Local
Italian media reports such "medical drones" will hover over the
beaches of Ostia, a neighborhood of Rome, using thermal optic sensors
to measure the temperatures of those on the shore to identify if they
could who may be infected with COVID-19.

Officials denied the pilot program which was scheduled to begin was
part of an effort to hunt for infected visitors to the beach. Wrapping
it in the clock of  "this is all being done, for the greater good"
Marta Branca, the head of the public health authority covering Italy's
capital said, "It's just a way to make sure that an illness or an
accident on the beach or at sea is detected immediately and not a
single moment is lost in the rescue efforts." While we do not know if
the drone had facial recognition software officials promised to
respect privacy.

In a recent article authored by CJ Hopkins via The Consent Factory, he
characterized the so-called “New Normal” as a “global totalitarian
ideological movement.” He claims that more and more people have come
to see it for what it is, not “insanity” or “an overreaction,” but, in
fact, a new form of totalitarianism, a globalized, pathologized,
depoliticized form, which is being systematically implemented under
the guise of “protecting the public health.”

The problem we now face is, how do we close the Pandora's box that has
been opened? A good place to start might be to focus on freedom. We
must start by recognizing the claim you have "nothing to hide" is a
poor excuse to justify surrendering your freedom to those that care
little about you. Drones flying around with thermal optics or facial
recognition powered by artificial intelligence are simply part of the
growing surveillance state that is increasing worldwide.

Making this even a greater assault on our freedom is that unbeknownst
by many is that we are paying for this. Talk about absolute power,
imagine the potential to control people down to their simplest
movements. A YouTube video on why people hate Jeff Bezos delves into
Amazon's huge surveillance network starting at around the 11:55 mark.
This highlights just how pervasive this spy network has become.

Mainstream media continues to condition people to accept public
surveillance and a Big Brother state under the umbrella of COVID or
the greater good. Tax money has and continues to be diverted from more
important venues to fund spying on the innocent and taking attention
away from the guilty. This has created a scenario in which the noose
will only continue to tighten around the neck of mankind. We must
consider all the little changes we encounter during our day as part of
the powers to be chipping away at both our freedom and our ability to
defend our rights.