Assange's Case

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Thu Oct 28 13:14:51 PDT 2021

US: "Even if we lose, we can start again with Mr. Assange and issue another extradition request"  -James Lewis QC today at the UK High Court on behalf of the US Government

So they have a case against him for breaking-and-entering US-based computers ( or conspiracy to do so ) and some other case. So?
Just from the public record anyone might infer Mr Assmange was more interested in espionage than journalism.
Then ( again ) they got Al Capone for tax evasion.
When a rotten criminal is loose practically all means are justified in stopping him.
Such is the case here. The USG is not always wrong - Hell - even Hitler was sometimes correct.
Even Stalin. Even Mao.  Even Assmange.
( cypherpunks are all about privacy for the poor and transparency for the powerful )