DAL Emergency Calls The US State Dept [re: TLSA lookup]

Karl Semich 0xloem at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 14:32:26 PDT 2021

On Mon, Oct 25, 2021, 5:24 PM Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> On Mon, 25 Oct 2021 16:54:56 -0400
> Karl Semich <0xloem at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > usually "no route to host" is from the x.x.x.x but is unrelated to the
> port.
>
>         I never really checked, but like I said, at first sight, it looks
> like it IS related to the port. I'm not going to bother looking at the
> manual, but you can if you want. It's error 113...
>
>         At any rate, from here the 'host' is fine and there's nothing on
> port 25, or it's rejecting connections on port 25 and giving a misleading
> error on purpose. Second option is less likely.
>

> > it's possible it could appear related to the port due to random timing
> >
> > or something could be intentionally triggering the
> not-usually-port-related
> > error only attempts to connect to the port were made
>
>         yes. So you can try connecting. Since you're in the US you won't
> be discriminated based on country.

$ telnet stimson.state.gov 25
Trying 169.252.4.133...
Connected to stimson.state.gov.
Escape character is '^]'.
554-stimson.state.gov
554 Your access to this mail system has been rejected due to the sending
MTA's poor reputation. If you believe that this failure is in error, please
contact the intended recipient via alternate means.
Connection closed by foreign host.

Usually when a port isn't responding you'll get "timed out", "closed",
"rejected" .  port 79 times out for me.

dunno.