Quick question re TLSA lookup error

Douglas Lucas dal at riseup.net
Sun Oct 24 18:52:37 PDT 2021

Twitter keeps giving me "Twitter is over capacity. Please wait a few
moments then try again" when I try to DM, so maybe there's a competent
person on this list (lol) who can answer:

Under the Obama and Trump administrations, the US State Dept had a phone
number for journalists to contact. It has since been removed; the
website now instructs: email PAPressDuty at state.gov.

I looked up the old State Dept phone number and called it. The voice
recording told me the same thing: email PAPressDuty at state.gov.

Monday I emailed.
Didn't get a reply until yesterday.

The reply I got was (among other error message stuff that appears
general/unhelpful): "<PAPressDuty at state.gov>: TLSA lookup error for
stimson.state.gov:25"

So I'm wondering if anyone can interpret the technical significance of
such an error for me.

Predictable paint-by-numbers opinion blatherings by crazed and/or paid
losers will be ignored.

Doug