[spam][crazy][wrong] considering timestamps

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 14:34:12 PDT 2021

17:20

ok so

i have a fancy shmancy linux wifi dongle with an extended antenna.  i
am rocking the millenial software hobbyist.  the reason for this is
that i am outdoors.  downloaded a blockchain will be hard.

it's 17:20 !

17:21

i build my blockchain nodes from source.  I do not question this.  Nor
should you.  Maybe I have some source for bitcoin core somewhere here
already.

17:21 let's check their website

the bitcoin project is ridiculous like ????? .  i think when i'm on
their dev list, that i must be on like a fake list to put worrisome
people on or something.  it makes no sense.

maybe i just haven't put my 2020 trolldar on properly.

bitcoin is at https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin
it's 17:23

blargh if i do this i will have to spend like $50 to pin a 'hello
world' msg won't i

no! it will likely be less!  like maybe $49!

it's 17:24 and i'm cloning a git repository.  this reminds me there
are other repos on my cloning queue.

it's 17:25

let's talk about chatbots.  not _real_ chatbots.  language model bots.
no, wait, maybe let's not.

it's 17:25 and my clone is 97% done.  99% .  yayishness.

17:25 .

nowadays when i want to figure out what branch to build, i do `git
tag` and look for the latest tagged release, (v22.0 here maybe), then
i do `git branch --all --contains <tag>` to figure out what their
release branch is.  22.x

it's 17:27 and libtoolize is copying files.  (part of autotools)

i wonder if i'll need to install a funny version of an old library
that was satoshi-era like often happens.

17:28 `make -j8`.  configure output looked fine, i think they changed
the wallet format to sql to focus and reuse effort better.

this will take a while, but maybe in 8 months i'll remember this goal
and have a bitcoin client already built!

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

maybe i should install a binary format.  i probably don't have their
glibc on this silly rhel7 system.  hrm.  hrm.

hrm.

well i made the funny code mutation!  that's a success.

i could also run it in a vm or something.

maybe it will be done building soon!

i can write random things here while i wait.  maybe i can give it half an hour.

17:30

the plan is to build bitcoin, and sync the blockchain, in like 30
seconds, on an old system.
in 30 seconds, once the blockchain is synced, i can uhhhh what was i doing.
i can broadcast an op return transaction!  omygoodnesso!

only 30 seconds.
when the blockchain is synced.
after the client is built.

OR! or.  I could upload the transaction to a 3rd party service!  i bet
blockchain explorers let you broadcast transactons!  maybe!

maybe!

so there's another option.

i guess ... using the existing ..... uh-oh ! inner issues!

hmm.

17:33

i'm kind of drfiting, i'll send this off