List Archival

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 14:03:49 PDT 2021

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 10:44 PM Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Oct 2021 22:39:18 +0200
> Stefan Claas <spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > For digital signatures only we have also now EU wide eIDAS,
> > which allows people to use .pdf documents and let them digitally
> > sign via authorized (by Government) services.
>

>         fucking hilarious - the european cesspool is run by adobe. "kudos" Stefan =)

Hi Punk,

When one uses the free Adobe reader for verification. On Linux there
are other tools
available. Hardware-based solutions, like chip cards etc, are also not
based on Adobe.
Adobe implemented in his software a mechanism which follows the
definition of the
EU signature standard. In the United States IIRC there is a similar
digital signature
scheme available. While this stuff might be of course not cool
cypherpunk stuff, it
IMHO shows, while digitalization of the planet continues, that there
are solutions now
available which allow Joe user average to use such things, in case he needs an
official and secure way to accomplish certain task.

Regards
Stefan