List Archival

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 13:02:42 PDT 2021

Hi Karl,

If people would make it a habit to use for (important) stuff
a timestamping service and let's say a digitally signed
document refers to this fact it would be IMHO obvious
that the original content provider was the first person
in the blockchain, according to the provided timestamp
file.

Our ID-card has no pgp in it, but you can securely bind
your public pgp key to your ID-card, so that third parties
know that the name displayed in the UID of your pub key
is the name in your ID-card.

It is done in the following way. Our ID-cards have a RFID
chip in with our details, which is then inserted into a card reader.
You visit the Governikus website which asks for your ID-card
and the card-reader and software on your computer checks
this and the website knows than that it is me and ask for
my pub key to be inserted. If the UID data matches with
my ID-card my public key will be signed with a sig3.

This has IMHO the advantage that you do not need a
ton of WoT signatures and since Governikus is our
official German pgp CA, people know then that it is me.

In the whole procedure, your secret key is under your full
control and never leaves your (offline) computer,
or hardware token.

Regards
Stefan