List Archival

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 11:07:20 PDT 2021

Hi Karl,

On Sun, Oct 24, 2021 at 7:58 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> Stefan, thank you for your helpful reply.

Karl, I am sorry I took a nap and therefore could not reply earlier.

To answer your questions. I wrote in my reply that one would
upload the files, the hash sum file and the timestamp file, so
that users wishing to know if the files were tampered with
they simply drag and drop the timestamp file and the hash sum
file into opentimestamps.org interface and see that the result
is valid with the date the file was stamped.

Regarding mutations.

Since you have the date displayed and one would find another
site with the same content he could not prove an earlier date
than you, because the timestamp is in the blockchain.

Regards
Stefan