Re: Former NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden warns: Governments are trying to weaken the encryption systems to get access to people’s personal messages

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 15:30:53 PDT 2021

Snowden ...

If I were a journalist and could ask Snowden what he thinks about
Russian crypto regulations, when he communicates internationally

Obligations on providers to assist authorities

Article 10-1, paragraph 4-1 of Federal Law No. 149-FZ “On Information,
Information Technologies and Protection of Information” requires
“organisers of information distribution” that add “additional coding”
to transmitted electronic messages to provide the Federal Security
Service with any information necessary to decrypt those messages.

I would like to know his answer and would like to see his
facial expression.

I say that, because Snowden could be seen as an "organiser of
information distribution",
or am I wrong, while he lives in Russia and tweets happily with a
still verified Twitler account?

Regards
Stefan