Stefan Claas on Turkey

professor rat pro2rat at yahoo.com.au
Fri Oct 22 18:08:58 PDT 2021

Marx, "British Politics" (April 7, 1853), Collected Works, Vol. 112, p.7: " . . The real point at issue always is, Turkey in Europe--the great peninsula to the south of the Save and Danube. This splendid territory has the misfortune to be inhabited by a conglomerate of different races and nationalities, of which it is hard to say which is the least fit for progress and civilization.. ."

Sorry - that was Karl, not Stefan. I get them confused. My bat.