I hate this NFT hype ...

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Fri Oct 22 11:18:08 PDT 2021

On Fri, 22 Oct 2021 19:42:52 +0200
Stefan Claas <spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, I will give you a hint.
>
> It is said that Gmail or Google scans all stuff here and there, but I
> don't care,  because when I like to hide email content and its destination from third parties
> I can do that via my Gmail account.

	Not sure what's that supposed to mean? You can 'hide' content and destination using joomail...? Also, not sure what to make of this either :

	"It is said that Gmail or Google scans all stuff here and there, but I don't care"

	It is 'said'? You don't 'believe' they do that? And you don't care because you're encrypting emails, or you don't care because...?

> I can access my Gmail account with a
> Yubikey or NitroKey, via VPN+Tor. In the case of encryption say with GnuPG
> I can do that with Mailvelope much better than OpenPGP usage with ProtonMail.

	I don't think you can use joogle without a retardphone?

	As I mentioned in the past I was maliciously  locked out of my joomail account because I never gave the turds a phone number. (and like I said, I ultimately thank them for doing that).

> I had also a ProtonMail account when this service started. It was easy to use
> and it created my PGP key pair automatically on their server, if I had used the
> key.
>
> Now the 'funny' part. Later when I checked the GnuPG key on ProtonMail
> I had all of a sudden two public keys with the same fingerprint and my user
> name and for each pub key a different email address, one with .ch and one
> with .com. I asked then ProtonMail about that issue and the help desk
> did not convince me. See user Anonymous, May 26, 2018.

	I'm not sure why is that a problem. It's prolly better to have a single key, but at any rate that sounds like a minor bug.

	On the other hand, protonmail provides some measure of 'end to end' encryption while  joomail doesn't.

	I'm not saying I actually 'trust' protonmail since their web interface is garbage and you have to pay if you want to use a better client, but, they are still not as bad as joogle.

> https://protonmail.com/support/knowledge-base/how-is-the-private-key-stored/#:~:text=Your%20ProtonMail%20private%20key%20is,can%20use%20your%20private%20key.
>
> So this was an absolutely no-go for me regarding OpenPGP with ProtonMail

	I won't look into the details, but the fact is, joomail doesn't even pretend to have 'e2e' encryption, so, worse that protonmail.

> I could fill here more stuff (with URLs) about ProtonMail and swiss law.

	That was mentioned on list. It was mostly fake news. Also, the topic was the 'good' features of joogle-nsa, not the bad features of protonmail.

> Question now for you, what advantage has a ProtonMail account over a Gmail
> account, when we use an old phrase from anonymity circles which says:
> 'trust nobody' ...

	you don't need a retardphone to open a protonmail account. Apart from that, protonmail is a small company, as opposed to the worst nsa cancer on the planet, joogle.

	I'd rather let protonmail spy on me than fucking joogle-nsa. Frankly, it should be self-evident why you SHOULDN'T use joogle.

	We're comparing a small company which at least kinda tries to do things right versus the worst criminal scum on the planet.