Cryptocurrency: Action - Help Stop The Crypto Kill, DontKillCrypto, End WarOnCash and SpyVeillance Regime

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 01:37:24 PDT 2021

DON’T KILL CRYPTO

https://dontkillcrypto.com/
https://www.fightforthefuture.org/actions/stop-the-senate-from-sneaking-through-total-surveillance-of-the-crypto-economy/
https://actionnetwork.org/petitions/tell-congress-to-protect-human-rights-in-the-crypto-economy

https://decrypt.co/78530/irs-wont-go-after-bitcoin-miners-regardless-broker-definition-reports
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2021/08/cryptocurrency-surveillance-provision-buried-infrastructure-bill-disaster-digital
https://www.finance.senate.gov/chairmans-news/wyden-lummis-toomey-amendment-would-clarify-digital-asset-reporting-requirements
https://twitter.com/rokhanna/status/1423760775131418627
https://decrypt.co/78387/anna-eshoo-pelosi-letter-crypto-tax-bill
https://twitter.com/RepTomEmmer/status/1424845416697323522

A poorly written provision in the must-pass infrastructure bill would
effectively crush the cryptocurrency ecosystem, expand surveillance,
and endanger human rights. But Congress can fix it.

Check the scorecard to see where your reps stand & tweet them! We've
already driven and .
Here’s the plan to get lawmakers on the record opposing the bad
cryptocurrency provisions in the infrastructure bill

TL;DR: The House is scheduled to vote on the infrastructure bill this
Thursday 9/30. This is a crucial opportunity to get as many lawmakers
on the record in support of a #DontKillCrypto fix as possible. Contact
your reps via the scoreboard below.

This Thursday, September 30, is when the House plans to vote on an
infrastructure package the Senate already passed. Buried inside the
package are unworkable cryptocurrency provisions that threaten the
rights of software developers and undermine human rights and free
expression.

This harmful provision led to major political action in the
decentralized tech community, driving unprecedented numbers of calls
to lawmakers that resulted in a heroic, bipartisan effort to get it
fixed. Despite overwhelming support, the Amendment failed at the last
minute, basically due to a process technicality related to obscure
Senate rules. But now, we have a huge opportunity to get more
lawmakers on the record in support of policies protecting
cryptocurrency innovation, privacy, and human rights.

At this point we are unlikely to affect the outcome of the broader
infrastructure package vote, but the good news is that both Democrats
and Republicans in the House have already said they want to take
common sense action similar to the Wyden amendment to fix the
provision. So, we need to demand that everyone voting on the
infrastructure bill also publicly commits to helping fix the crypto
provision. They can do so by issuing a statement, tweeting
#DontKillCrypto like Rep Khanna, or signing a letter like the one from
Rep Eshoo or from Reps Emmer, Soto, Schweikert, and Foster.

Here’s what to do:

EVERYONE: Use our scoreboard below to see if your rep has made a
public commitment. If they haven’t, use our easy tools to contact your
rep now. If they reply to you, help us keep the scorecard current by
emailing Team at FightForTheFuture.org. Then, make sure your friends and
collaborators do the same by the morning of September 30.

IF YOU RUN A PROJECT, CHANNEL, OR SOCIAL ACCOUNT WITH REACH: Drive
traffic to DontKillCrypto.com — ask your audience to take 5 minutes to
find their representative on the scoreboard and contact them before
the vote. Activate mailing lists, go live, and ask that in this
crucial moment the crypto community makes their voices heard.

This is a golden opportunity to get our reps on the record. Once they
join the momentum for a bipartisan fix, our reps are committed to
moving that fix forward either through a future budget bill, or
standalone legislation. The crypto coalition can grow, and that’s what
we need for a decentralized future.

Where do your reps stand?

Green = supports crypto; Red = against crypto; Grey = unknown

About This Campaign

The #DontKillCrypto campaign formed in opposition to a cryptocurrency
provision in the must-pass infrastructure package that mandates mass
surveillance of the crypto-economy in the name of reducing tax
avoidance. This puts many fundamental cryptocurrency participants in
an impossible position: to either collect information that they
structurally cannot get access to, or to operate outside the US.
Either way, mass surveillance of everyone in the cryptocurrency
ecosystem is a massive blow to human rights.

Cryptocurrencies are both a testing ground and a foundational
investment in the move to decentralization. The issues at hand aren’t
simply about taxes—they’re about the United States’ ability to
participate in cryptocurrencies and a decentralized future that puts
the rights of people above the exploitative and manipulative business
models of Big Tech.