Freedom of Speech: Islam Goes Apeshit over Charlie Hebdo Muhammad Cartoons Repub, Quran Eating, and Successful Critical Analysis

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sat Oct 16 13:31:55 PDT 2021

Conservative UK MP David Amess Dies Following Church Stabbing,
25-Year-Old Somalian Arrested

https://twitter.com/Telegraph/status/1449058983160033281
https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/breaking-mp-david-amess-stabbed-25223627
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/tory-mp-sir-david-amess-stabbed-multiple-times-at-constituency-surgery-at-church/
https://news.sky.com/story/conservative-mp-david-amess-stabbed-multiple-times-in-incident-at-constituency-surgery-12434498
https://twitter.com/EssexPoliceUK/status/1448994567253016604
https://twitter.com/LeeJordo1/status/1448980984687439874
https://twitter.com/SkyNews/status/1448992042080669697

Update (1400ET): The Telegraph reports that police have arrested a
25-year-old Somalian man on suspicion of murdering the Conservative MP
Sir David Amess.

Ben-Julian Harrington, Chief Constable Essex Police:

    "It will be for investigators to determine whether or not this is
a terrorist incident."

A witness who described seeing the suspect being taken away by the
police said he was calm and compliant.

*  *  *

Update (1004ET): Despite receiving medical treatment on scene, Amess
was unable to be revived and has died of his wounds, according to the
Mirror.

According to Sky News, a man walked into the church around 12pm and
stabbed Amess multiple times, after which the suspect was arrested on
suspicion of murder, according a spokesperson for the Essex Police.

"We were called to Eastwood Road North shortly after 12.05pm. Sadly, a
man later died," they said, adding "A man was arrested at the scene.
We are not looking for anyone else."

One witness to the scene, Anthony Gavin Fitch, said "As I was walking
across the road I saw a few people sitting on the wall outside the
church and one was on the phone to the police."

"I heard it was a stabbing from a lady who was inside the church at
the time. She was upset and said David Amess had been stabbed three
times. She said there was an altercation and then the suspect stabbed
him. I think he's still in the church, he (Sir David) hasn't been
taken out."

*  *  *

Conservative MP Sir David Amess was stabbed several times while
attending a constituency surgery meeting at a church in Essex,
according to LBC.

Armed police and forensics officers were seen outside the Belfairs
Methodist Church in Leigh-on-Sea a short while ago. Amess. 69, was
receiving treatment at the scene, according to Sky News. His condition
is unknown.

A man has been arrested per the police.

    A man's been arrested following an incident in #LeighonSea.

    We were called to reports of a stabbing in Eastwood Rd North
shortly after 12.05pm.

    A man was arrested shortly after & we're not looking for anyone else.

    We'll bring you more info when we have it. pic.twitter.com/U3dU7btoz7
    — Essex Police (@EssexPoliceUK) October 15, 2021

"David Amess Southend MP stabbed in Belfairs Methodist church Eastwood
road literally as I was outside the building," wrote one person
online.

Another tweeted "Something big going on outside Belfairs Methodist
Church on Eastwood Road North near the Woodcutters."

    Something big going on outside Belfairs Methodist Church on
Eastwood Road North near the Woodcutters 😳 Police, ambulances and air
ambulance!! Apparent stabbing!! @Essex_Echo @YourSouthend
pic.twitter.com/VQ4vKpR2qX
    — Lee Jay (@LeeJordo1) October 15, 2021

    BREAKING: Sir David Amess MP has been stabbed multiple times at
his local constituency surgery at Belfairs Methodist Church in
Leigh-on-Sea.

    It is believed he has been receiving treatment at the scene.

    More: https://t.co/4oqOgzMbep pic.twitter.com/loUm9VrwxT
    — Sky News (@SkyNews) October 15, 2021

A constituency surgery is a series of one-on-one meetings that an MP
will hold with members of the public, where people may raise concerns
over governance. Arness has been a member of parliament since 1983.
The stabbing comes five years after Labour MP Jo Cox was killed on her
way to hold a surgery with constituents in Batley and Spen, according
to ITV.