Dishonest Tor relay math question - tor-talk is to lazy

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Sat Oct 16 06:34:40 PDT 2021

On 16/10/2021 10:12, Stefan Claas wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 16, 2021 at 10:24 AM Peter Fairbrother <peter at tsto.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>> Though there's no such thing as 100% anonymity, security, etc...
>>> there are certainly different comparative magnitudes of it available
>>> today, and higher ones are probably quite achievable with some
>>> work on new alternative models.
>>
>> Examples?
>
> https://nymtech.net/
>
> Regards
> Stefan

I had a look at the whitepaper - Claudia has outdone herself in
describing a system which could maybe work - but, and I quote, "The
specific algorithms and implementation details of each part of the
system will be fleshed out in separate documents."

There is no proof, or even enough details, to show that it will or even
could work. It's all sweeping statements and claims, backed up by - nothing.

Thing is, I don't trust Claudia to get it right (we have a history... ).

The loopix part looks interesting, at first glance. Though "a
measure of sender and receiver unobservability" is not exactly reassuring..

Peter Fairbrother