BITCOIN - where the cryptofascists roam

Karl gmkarl at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 12:29:59 PDT 2021

I get the impression that if I want to understand and respect you I'm
going to need to learn many of the things you reference.

I looked up "uber alles" and learned it means "above all" and has
cultural intensity of some kind.

I'm thinking on your second sentence here, "Proof-of-excessive and
unergonomic work climategate crap and now the full Antivax disaster
software that crashes everything it touches."  That's a lot of
references together, and each one of these references has meaning.

I realize there is poetry here, poetry that is more advanced than I am.

It's hilarious to consider "unergonomic" proof-of-work.  I don't know
what you mean by it.  I might imagine maybe frustration at nerds using
systems that the greater population don't enjoy.  Or I could imagine a
reference to upper-class sensibilities, where ergonomics matter at
all.  But both of those are just parts of my own personal cultural
exposure.

I'm thinking about the word "climategate" and it dawns on me there's a
good chance you're referencing the criticism of proof-of-work
blockchains around energy usage.

When you say Antivax disaster software, do you mean marketing AIs and
political trojan networks?

I looked up Dolfuss and Pinochet, names I was unfamiliar with, and
learned they were harsh right-wing dictator.  I didn't read in depth
but I suspect they engaged in significant oppression to stay in power.

It sounds like you're really frustrated around bitcoin and what some
might call its coopting by economic cultures?

Do you imagine, like many of us, strong and decisive approaches to the
world that actually and directly address the real issues?