Dishonest Tor relay math question - tor-talk is to lazy

Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 punks at tfwno.gf
Sun Oct 10 11:27:58 PDT 2021

On Sun, 10 Oct 2021 16:40:59 +0000
PrivacyArms <privacyarms at protonmail.com> wrote:

> I know website fingerprinting. Thanks for the link.

	well, notice that in that case a single ISP, or even 'compomised' entry node can get an idea of what the users are doing.

> According to my research, Tor drug dealers are arrested by OpSec leaks other than their Tor connection.

	I don't think that's necessarily 'your' research. That's more like the propaganda that comes from the tor mafia and the so called 'legal system' and that you are naively repeating. Although it is possible that some people get caught thanks to, say, 'exploits' in php or webservers, it's impossible to know when that happens.

	Look, syverson himself admits how bad tor is.

	https://www.freehaven.net/anonbib/cache/ccs2013-usersrouted.pdf

	"An adversary that provides no more bandwidth than some volunteers do today can
deanonymize any given user within three months of regular Tor use with over 50% probability and within six months with over 80% probability."

	"Some users experience over 95% chance of compromise within three months against a single AS or IXP."

	"Against an AS-level adversary, our results show compromise is highly likely in the worst case scenario regardless of user behavior. 45.9%, 64.9%, and 76.4% of Typical, IRC, and BitTorrent samples use a compromised stream within one day."

	etc

> What would be sufficient against a global passive attacker? A strong onion routed network that puts an additional mix network on top of the onion routing net?

	I'm anything but an expert but it seems that a requirement is to have constant rate links, or 'padding'. Which is something the tor mafia stubbornly resists, because they say "it wastes bandwith". But that's a lie because the bandwidth could and should be used for filesharing. AND THEN you realize that the tor mafia is so corrupt that they are even AGAINST file sharing, just like their pentagon-hollywood masters tell them to.

	Filesharing is a human right and anybody who actually defends human rights would help filesharing as much as possible ESPECIALLY when their 'anonimity' system could be made sensibly  better by 'optimizing' it for filesharing.