1984: Tyranny of Lithuania Adopted By World

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 02:33:05 PDT 2021

"So Deeply, Deeply Wrong" - Lithuanian Without Vaccine Pass Describes
Life Under Medical Tyranny

https://twitter.com/gluboco/status/1440910274962333696
https://txti.es/covid-pass/images

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-britain-masks/uk-data-shows-most-covid-19-transmissions-happen-in-homes-minister-says-idUSKCN25F0P9
https://twitter.com/The_Real_Fly/status/1446854573159763970
https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1446580073088303108
https://twitter.com/DrEliDavid/status/1446570012966363146
https://twitter.com/ianmSC/status/1446527542861733923

By not rising up and fighting back, *you* are part of creating this
insanity and disgusting atrocity upon humanity.

As governments around the world begin instituting Covid-19 'passports'
which will dictate the level of participation one is afforded within
society - regardless of naturally acquired immunity or actual risk to
the public from the unvaccinated (considering that the majority of
transmission occurs in the home), people have begun to push back
against authoritarian tactics to control privileges and push vaccines.

    ANTI VACCINE MANDATE PROTEST, ROME
    pic.twitter.com/I7o5e3hLsE
    — The_Real_Fly (@The_Real_Fly) October 9, 2021

In America, the 'my body, my choice' crowd has suddenly invented
conditions for their own mantra.

    SUPERCUT!

    This is starting to feel a lot like ... communism pic.twitter.com/x9yfq5uz9h
    — Tom Elliott (@tomselliott) October 8, 2021

Regardless of how well vaccination rates and lockdowns actually work:

    After vaccinating over 85% of its population, Singapore 🇸🇬
finally flattened the curve, but along the wrong axis:
pic.twitter.com/jHjczPGooE
    — Dr. Eli David (@DrEliDavid) October 8, 2021

    You really have to be impressed at Australia’s complete inability
to control their outbreak, even with some of the strictest, harshest
lockdowns & mask policies in the world

    Imagine if anyone was willing to acknowledge how destructive &
ineffective The Science™ actually is pic.twitter.com/Lwh9SbE3SX
    — IM (@ianmSC) October 8, 2021

For those wondering how life under a strict Covid pass looks, keep
reading - as Lithuanian citizen Gluboco Lietuva (@gluboco) describes
the hell he and his wife are currently living due to their decision
not to get vaccinated.

    My country of Lithuania has imposed very severe measures against
people who do not have a Covid Pass.

    How severe?

    • You're banned from large supermarkets.
    • Banned from non-essential stores.
    • Banned from restaurants.

    And a lot more.

    Here's what has happened:

    1/ pic.twitter.com/aO7xN2WoZO
    — Gluboco Lietuva (@gluboco) September 23, 2021

(Continued via threadreaderapp):

Lithuania is a small EU country of 2.8 million people.

Lithuania introduced a Covid Pass in May. It's called the “Opportunity
Pass”. The Opportunity Pass allows you the opportunity to participate
in society. Without the Opportunity Pass, you don't have opportunity:
your rights are restricted.

The government app shows the fun you'll have participating in the
opportunities of society if you have the Opportunity Pass. There is no
illustration of life for people without the Pass.

In August, Lithuania passed a law to restrict the rights of people who
don't have the Covid Pass. Other countries are moving in that
direction. In Lithuania, it's already in force: all restrictions are
already fully effective, and enforcement is strict.

Without a Pass, you may not enter any shopping center or large
supermarket. At the entrances, people queue in line to be verified.
Guards scan the Pass of each person. If you have a valid Pass, the
light flashes green and beeps. Then you may enter. No Pass, no
entrance.

Without a Pass, you may only shop in small stores which mainly sell
food, pharmaceuticals, glasses and contact lenses, veterinary goods,
or farming supplies. You may not enter stores which mainly sell other
products.

Without a Pass, you may not enter any restaurant, cafe, or bar.
Without a Pass, you may not enter banks or insurance companies, except
for essential purposes - e.g., pensions or social benefits - where the
service lasts no longer than 15 minutes.

Without a Pass, you may not visit patients in medical facilities or
senior care/residential homes. The only exception is for
terminally-ill patients and children under 14 years of age, if the
doctor gives advance permission.

Without a Pass, you may not enter indoor public events or spaces, such
as conferences, fitness centers, or beauty services like hair and
nails.

The Pass is in the form of a QR code. Most people get it on their
phones thru e-banking/e-signature. Those without phones can get a
paper printout.

Officials launched a re-vaccination program in September. Seniors
began receiving third dose boosters last week. The whole population
will follow afterwards. The Vice-Minister of Health stated: "We are
likely to start the fourth and fifth booster shots in several months."

My country was occupied by the USSR, 1944-1990. We fought for - and
won - independence. Hundreds of thousands of people took real risks
opposing Soviet tyranny. On one day, 30% of the entire population
joined hands to form a 675-km chain in support of freedom.

Our population now is apathetic about losing freedoms previous
generations fought for.

We battled Soviet propaganda and "Show me your documents!"
authoritarianism,only to acquiesce to media-led propaganda and
technocratic health authoritarianism of "Show me your Covid Pass!"

Principled Covid Pass opposition is caricatured as
conspiracy-theorist, anti-vaxxer. Honest debate is dismissed.
Mainstream leaders - politicians, officials, media, educated elite -
openly wish death upon opponents of the Pass "so we can finally end
this pandemic".

Under Soviet occupation, political dissent was suppressed, news was
censored. Now, we've returned to a regime of censorship - this time,
enforced by mob rule rather than government. Principled opponents
don't speak freely. Fear of the mob makes people censor themselves.

By my count, 14 of the 27 EU countries now have domestic Covid Pass
restrictions. But Lithuania is much further along than most. Other
countries are planning restrictions such as broad bans on supermarkets
and all non-essential shopping. Here, it's already reality.

The current reality in Lithuania foreshadows the future that faces
other countries if they continue down the path of Covid Pass
restrictions: Europe, the US, the UK, Australia, Canada...

To me, this should be a global news headline:
---
"Lithuania bans citizens from society. Other EU countries following soon."
---

But there's virtually no reporting in English about this massive
change in society. Or about the hatred and de-humanization which has
resulted. My wife and I have 2 kids. She's pregnant with our third.
We're very ordinary. Not important, not connected. Together we earn
3000 eur/month: not rich, not poor. My favorite activity is foraging
wild mushrooms in the forest with my family (the chanterelles are
heavenly!)

I've never cared about politics before Covid. Never been to a protest
in my life. Never been involved in activism. In short, I'm not
political. But I am moral. And the Covid Pass regime is a deep moral
wrong.

My wife and I refuse to be caricatured as crazed anti-vaxxers. We are
not illiterate, innumerate, or anti-science. We do not believe in
conspiracy theories. Vaccines have saved millions of lives:
smallpox,polio, measles... And Covid vaccination can be beneficial for
many people. It's a personal medical decision for each individual in
consultation with a doctor. What we strongly oppose is the coercion of
the Covid Pass regime.

There are legitimate reasons for restricting the rights of citizens
when society itself could be destroyed. Covid is a deadly disease. But
it is not an existential threat which justifies ripping apart our
society. The Covid Pass regime is vindictive, intended to punish. In
just a few months, the new rules have turned my country into a
two-tier society of discrimination and hate. Restriction by
restriction, it is shredding the bonds that hold us all together in
one society.

My wife and I have lost our rights as citizens. We are not allowed to
shop, eat out, get our hair cut, or go to the bank, gym, or library.
We were both suspended from our jobs. This is deeply wrong.

Our leaders encourage hatred of us. Our countrymen openly wish for our
death. And it's all amplified by the media and cheered on by likes and
retweets. This is deeply wrong.

Othering. Discrimination. Blame for disease. Accusation of wartime
betrayal. Incitement. Hatred. Persecution. This is not a history
textbook. This is the reality of life for my family in 2021. Our
humanity has been erased. This is wrong. So deeply, deeply wrong.

There is a lot of fear around us, and fear leads to anger. But we
shouldn't let that fear control us. We shouldn't let that fear make us
forget who we are as individuals. A mob may say that people without a
Covid Pass should be banished from society. A mob may wish for hate
and death. But as individuals, people would never accept this
de-humanization of their families, friends, and neighbors.

In Lithuania, the Covid Pass is already a reality. But other countries
around the world are very quickly moving down the same path.
Lithuania's Covid Pass regime is a harbinger of what will happen
everywhere if enough people don't unite in principled opposition. With
this message, I hope to reach people not as a mob, but as individuals.

I hope to show people - as individuals - the reality of life in a
Covid Pass regime. Because I hope - and truly believe - that as
individuals, we will recognize the inhumanity and unite to stop it.
I'm not social media savvy. I only joined Twitter this week solely to
share info on the Covid Pass regime. I don’t want recognition, money,
or credit. My only goal is to reach people with this message.

I'm just an ordinary man trapped in a Kafkaesque world of mind-numbing
absurdity. So I'd be grateful for your help to share this message so
that together, we can unite to stop this madness. And then I can
forget about Covid Pass regimes and get back to my wild mushrooms.🙂
If you want to know more, I wrote a detailed article about Lithuania's
Covid Pass regime and its effects on my family. The article contains
my contact info as well as links to government websites for
verification of all restrictions described here.