File on agent peter fairbrother.

Peter Fairbrother peter at tsto.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 16:43:26 PDT 2021

> 	2) he has claimed to know US military criminal paul syverson and says he 'declined' to join the tor mafia. So he was 'invited'...

By Roger Dingledene, not by Paul, though "invited" might be a little
strong - I was asked for general comments and feedback, which was hardly
surprising as any and all available cryptographers with an interest in
privacy issues were also asked.

Unspoken was the idea that I might contribute more, but as Tor
didn't/doesn't work against a major adversary (which is what I said) I
wasn't interested.

At the time I was friends with many of the privacy crypto crowd
including Roger and especially Len Sassaman, and Tor kinda split us into
those who were for it and those who weren't. It was a fairly gentle
split, but it's still going on even now.

Paul was more a friendly colleague and occasional friendly rival than a
friend - I liked him, but eg I can't recall ever going out drinking with
him, unlike Roger, Len, and the rest.

Incidentally, afair it was Paul who did most of the work on .onions.
This surprised me, given his USN position (and yes, everybody knew he
worked for the US Navy).

> 	4) has claimed that his 'dad' was a 'close friend' of george orwell (LMAO!!!) - At the same time fairbrother has denied being an english cunt although he has a .uk arpanet address, friends at GCQH and pretends that his familiy was friends with a high ranking member of the english oligarchy like orwell.

George Orwell/EB was a famous writer, but he wasn't "a high ranking
member of the English oligarchy". Dad would have been higher-ranking, if
anybody had asked. Heck, so would I.

EB's sister Avril married my Mum's first cousin Bill Dunn, and Bill and
Avril looked after EB while he lived on Jura. Dad and EB were friends
long before that though.

And no, I am not English, though I do live in England.

Nor am I a cunt, or a government shill.

Peter Fairbrother