Using Buttbongs for huffing Ether

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 13:10:00 PDT 2021

On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 8:02 PM Punk-BatSoup-Stasi 2.0 <punks at tfwno.gf> wrote:

> > in a block explorer and Joe average could mine daily with low energy consumption
> > some coins to lets say sign-up with a privacy email provider accepting Monero
> > than this would be probably an interesting use case, or using the blockchain
> > with time stamping services, thus users can claim that they did certain things
> > at a certain time, if they wish to do so.
> >
> > But yes, all in all, I agree with you and nobody cares of the gigantic energy
> > consumption all these crypto currencies require.
>

>         That's certainly a problem for things like bitcoin, eth, and even monero, because of 'proof of work'. Then we have 'proof of stake' where the value of the network is 'secured' by...the value of he network, which looks like a scam of sorts and probably allows more more centralization than proof of work. But yeah, so far all the systems have serious limitations.

A while ago, when the horrible Pi crypto currency project started,
which used a local 'fountain'
on a smartphone to 'mine', with one push of a button per day, I
thought while not do something
similar with a fountain on an offline computer and once you have some
coins 'mined' you simply
transfer the amount you like, as a file, securely to an online device
and with that purchase then
some online goods. If there would be a clever way worked out this
would have IMHO the advantage
that nobody knows how many funds I have in my offline wallet and the
blockchain would only
record the transactions. I think with the huge amount of different
hashes, keys etc. a 256bit value,
or greater can bear, there would most likely no collisions happen when
many people
create their tokens offline.

P.S. The fountain in Pi did not require that you must play some games
etc. at some intervals
per day, it only required you to push a button once per day.

Regards
Stefan