FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 22:52:51 PDT 2021

> "You"Tube has nothing to do with, and gives zero shits about,
> you, its sole purpose is to control you and your mind, to spy,
> rat, and monetize you, to propagandize for [left-] Gov.

Sundar Pichai's Google YouTube Announces Full Censorship
Programmes Covering Health, Earth, Inconvenient Dissent,
Protest Orgs, Etc...

https://www.theverge.com/2021/10/7/22715102/google-youtube-climate-change-deniers-ads-monetization
https://support.google.com/google-ads/answer/11221321

Google will no longer allow advertisers, publishers, and YouTube
creators to monetize content that denies the existence of climate
change. The Verge reports: The company detailed the changes in a
support document on Thursday. "Today, we're announcing a new
monetization policy for Google advertisers, publishers and YouTube
creators that will prohibit ads for, and monetization of, content that
contradicts well-established scientific consensus around the existence
and causes of climate change," the Google Ads team said in the
document. "This includes content referring to climate change as a hoax
or a scam, claims denying that long-term trends show the global
climate is warming, and claims denying that greenhouse gas emissions
or human activity contribute to climate change."

Google says it will use a mix of automated tools and human reviews to
enforce the policy. "When evaluating content against this new policy,
we'll look carefully at the context in which claims are made,
differentiating between content that states a false claim as fact,
versus content that reports on or discusses that claim," Google said.
Ads will still be allowed on climate topics like public debates on
climate policy, research, and more, according to Google.