[tor-talk] Dishonest tor relay attack math question

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 6 20:00:14 PDT 2021

On 10/3/21, grarpamp <grarpamp at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 9/28/21, PrivacyArms via tor-talk <tor-talk at lists.torproject.org> wrote:

Hello PA

https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-talk/

Tor Project staffers didn't reply in over a week to your list post.
And via the three day mailman expiry period, Tor Project has again
cowardly and silently censored my reply to list, that was cc: you.
Maybe it contained some embarassing things, Tor Project does
not answer, so who knows. But they are launching a censored
"forum" soon so that those who don't like censored "lists"
can freely choose another way to be censored.

Perhaps try the uncensored cypherpunks list here...

There may be some mathematicians there who might like to
help with your math question, and some crazy people too.
I left the math question off since it was sent only to me.

It's a good question so just repost it there if you like :)

Note that a timing attack exposing the two communicators
endpoints can be done from just two vantage points, and as
such may potentially imply discovery of content passing
through (or terminating on) the far one.

There are other node based attacks but are more beyond
the context posed in your question.

Maybe with better Fermi Estimates of the possible ratios of
dishonest to honest nodes [achievable] with tor, a better and
uncensored understanding of the risks and security of tor network
can be made, and a better assessment of any possibility to
fix tor, or to start fresh a new overlay project, or to contribute
to another existing project.