George Clooney

Gunnar Larson g at xny.io
Sat Oct 2 17:11:39 PDT 2021

Here is George Clooney response after Trump accused him of being a
"Hollywood elite."
"Here’s the thing: I grew up in Kentucky. I sold insurance door-to-door. I
sold ladies’ shoes. I worked at an all-night liquor store. I would buy
suits that were too big and too long and cut the bottom of the pants off to
make ties so I’d have a tie to go on job interviews. I grew up
understanding what it was like to not have health insurance for eight years.
So this idea that I’m somehow the “Hollywood elite” and this guy who takes
a shit in a gold toilet is somehow the man of the people is laughable.
People in Hollywood, for the most part, are people from the Midwest who
moved to Hollywood to have a career. So this idea of “coastal elites”
living in a bubble is ridiculous. Who lives in a bigger bubble?
He lives in a gold tower and has twelve people in his company. He doesn’t
run a corporation of hundreds of thousands of people he employs and takes
care of. He ran a company of twelve people!
When you direct a film you have seven different unions all wanting
different things, you have to find consensus with all of them, and you have
to get them moving in the same direction.
He’s never had to do any of that kind of stuff. I just look at it and I
laugh when I see him say “Hollywood elite.” Hollywood elite? I don’t have a
star on Hollywood Boulevard, Donald Trump has a star on Hollywood
Boulevard! Fuck you!"

- @GeorgeClooney
#actor, #philanthropist, #humanitarian & #activist