US 2nd Amendment Under Assault, Freedom Firearms Guns Defense

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 02:18:06 PDT 2021

David Hogg's Anti-Gun Campaign 'Fades Into Darkness' As Millennials
Embrace Second Amendment

https://themachinegunnest.com/blog/
https://twitter.com/SanctuaryCounty/status/1406765385479774218
https://www.newsweek.com/americans-under-30-have-rapidly-turned-against-gun-control-laws-poll-finds-1587154
https://nationalinterest.org/blog/buzz/trend-has-flipped-millennials-are-actually-buying-guns-185969
https://sanctuarycounties.com/2021/06/20/more-than-61-of-american-counties-are-now-second-amendment-sanctuaries/

I don't have Twitter. If I did have Twitter, I'd only be following
Bitcoin and meme stocks. I feel sorry for those constantly exposed to
the political opinions of 14-year-old children amplified by their
usefulness to "the narrative."

The Argentinian Philosopher Carlos Bernardo González Pecotche surmised
that the world is in turmoil because people don't know where their
thoughts originate. The opinions of others enter their heads, and
those people feel like the thoughts are their own. Not realizing that
they've been programmed.

David Hogg is one of those people on Twitter who I'm glad is slowly
fading into irrelevancy. He's a professional anti-gun activist (with
armed bodyguards, of course.) He's one of the founding members of the
March for Our Lives organization, a non-profit almost entirely propped
up by donations from the top 1% of the country and billionaires like
Michael Bloomberg.

Recently, Hogg has been on a tweetstorm, and it's caught headlines in
the firearms media world. Here's what he had to say:

    Ask yourselves in the history books we will write about you how do
you want to be remembered?

    Weak and corrupt people that worked to protect people like the 19
year old that killed my classmates and teachers OR as people that
protect our kids and teachers right to not be shot?
    — David Hogg (@davidhogg111) September 24, 2021

You can practically see the mental pat on the back that he's giving
himself while writing the tweet. But immaturity isn't necessarily the
point here. Although Hogg himself is insufferable, this is also how he
makes his living. Saying ridiculous things on the internet as bait for
others to react keeps him from fading into irrelevancy.

I want to take a second to address David Hogg and respond to this
tweet. I'm assuming that he thinks that he's speaking for young people
in general, or maybe young liberals. Either way, I believe that he's
first wrong (read: "The Trend Has Flipped: Millennials Are Actually
Buying Guns") to assume he's in the majority and second, naive to
think that people don't have differing political views from
himself—especially young people.

I'm 28 years old. I grew up with Liberal baby-boomer parents and am a
product of the early 2000s. I had school shooter drills in high
school, bomb threats, and more. I am staunchly pro-gun. Many more
people my age are as well. Interestingly, younger people are
increasingly opposed to gun control, with the percentage of people
under 30 that support stricter gun laws dropping from 65% to 45% since
2018.

Gun owners are incredibly diverse. Young and old, people of all
cultures, races, and political opinions own firearms. I'm not sure if
there's anything that supersedes cultural and political divides, like
the right to own a gun.

And if the recent surge in gun buying (read: here & here) has shown us
anything, when the chips are down, and it's time to take self-defense
seriously- people who were once opposed to guns buy guns. We
experienced a ton of that firsthand here at TMGN. Nationwide more than
9 million people became first-time gun owners in 2020 and 2021, which
continues to rise.

Now, you probably already know this but March for Our Lives is not a
grassroots organization. Major million-dollar donations almost
entirely fund it. Only 0.5% of their entire revenue is from donations
totaling less than $5,000. Some real journalists looked at the group's
990 tax form showing that out of the $18.6M that March for Our Lives
collected in donations during 2018, $17.8M came from about 74 people
donating between $5000.00 and $3,504,717.00.

So, David Hogg would like us to believe that there's some army of
young progressive anti-gun voters out there looking to wipe away these
evil old boomers (who are some of the most prominent supporters of gun
control, ironically). Yet, his entire organization is mainly supported
by 78 wealthy donors. (If you dive into the data, 36 donors made
donations between $100,000 and $3.5M, so maybe it's just 36 people who
support Hogg).

Here's the thing, since the Heller decision in 2008, gun rights have
been rapidly expanding. The landscape isn't what it was in the 1990s.
AR15s are no longer weird, quirky firearms that a few hobbyists own;
they're recognized as modern-day muskets. The right to carry a
concealed firearm has been significantly expanded since the 1980s, and
every day more and more young people get into the sport of shooting
and exercise their 2nd Amendment right. David Hogg should come to try
firearms for himself; he might just change his mind.

The recent gun-buying craze sparked by the pandemic and social unrest
has begun to truly express younger Americans and minorities and
women's Second Amendment rights like never before. These new gun
owners are also across all political spectrums and suggest Hogg's
movement is fading into the darkness.

* * *

One thing that David Hogg and liberal media don't want you to see is
the massive surge in Second Amendment sanctuaries at the state,
county, and local levels.

    More than 61% of American Counties are Now Second Amendment
Sanctuaries https://t.co/vm5gkNmBqg
    — Sanctuary Counties (@SanctuaryCounty) June 21, 2021