FreeSpeech and Censorship: Thread

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Fri Oct 1 00:59:35 PDT 2021

"You"Tube has nothing to do with, and gives zero shits about,
you, its sole purpose is to control you and your mind, to spy,
rat, and monetize you, to propagandize for [left-] Gov.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-09-29/youtube-will-remove-videos-with-misinformation-about-any-vaccine

YouTube will begin removing content questioning any approved medical
vaccine, not just those for Covid-19, a departure from the video
site's historically hands-off approach. From a report: The division of
Alphabet's Google announced Wednesday that it will extend its policy
against misinformation to cover all vaccines that health authorities
consider effective. The ban will include any media that claims
vaccines are dangerous or lead to chronic health outcomes such as
autism, said Matt Halprin, YouTube's vice president for trust and
safety. A year ago, YouTube banned certain videos critical of Covid-19
vaccines. The company said it has since pulled more than 130,000
videos for violating that rule. But many videos got around the rule by
making dubious claims about vaccines without mentioning Covid-19.
YouTube determined its policy was too limited. "We can imagine viewers
then potentially extrapolating to Covid-19," Halprin said in an
interview. "We wanted to make sure that we're covering the whole
gamut."

https://gizmodo.com/russia-threatens-retaliation-after-youtube-deletes-rt-g-1847765519

Russia's Foreign Ministry has threatened harsh retaliatory measures
against YouTube after the video sharing service suspended two
German-language accounts run by Russian state media, according to a
report from Russia's TASS news outlet. Russia went so far as to call
the suspensions "information warfare." From a report: The YouTube
accounts, RT Germany and Der Fehlende Part, were reportedly deleted
after spreading misinformation about the covid-19 pandemic and had a
combined subscriber count of roughly 700,000 before being deleted. RT
Germany was initially suspended from posting new videos for a week
after breaching YouTube's covid-19 misinformation rules, but the
account was deleted completely after RT allegedly uploaded the content
again to another channel called Der Fehlende Part, or "The Missing
Part," in English. "Considering the nature of the incident, which is
fully in line with the logic of the information warfare unleashed
against Russia, taking retaliatory symmetrical measures against the
German media in Russia would seem not just an appropriate, but also a
necessary thing to do, especially taking into account that [the German
media] were caught interfering into our country's domestic affairs on
several occasions in the past," the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a
statement to TASS on Tuesday.