About Metaverse

Stefan Claas spam.trap.mailing.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 08:49:14 PST 2021

On Wed, Nov 24, 2021 at 5:37 PM Karl <gmkarl at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's been slow, metaverse happening.  We got the world wide web instead.  Now we have social networks.

[...]

Hi Karl,

Just to add this, I had my first virtual reality experience back in
the 80's in London
where one had to wear a helmet with those googles, in an arcade. I witnessed
also what Apple did with interactive 3D movies, where one could navigate around
in an Apple Store etc. And the good thing IMHO is that all this
technology in this
context happened over the decades many times and they always failed, i.e never
been a success.

However, in the age of the young and often woke smartphone generation,
it remains
to be seen with what else ideas those companies come up to addict the youth.

Regards
Stefan